Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant A+++ - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant A+++

Last night I finally got a chance to use some of the car care products we started offering. [email protected] sent me home with some Pinnacle ultra poly clay bars, Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant, Cobra Microfiber Towels and a few applicator pads.

My truck was filthy so I figured I'd start with it instead of one of my stangs. I started by washing the truck with soapy mixture of Dawn and water to remove any wax I previously had on it. Then I used the clay bar with some soapy water as well. I clay'd the truck not too long ago so there wasn't a lot to remove. Washed it off and dried the truck.

The next step was to apply the Blackfire Wet Diamond. This was my first time using it so John explained to me the best way to apply it. He recommended using a small amount of Blackfire on the microfiber applicator. You only need about a dime size amount for a pretty descent section as it spreads real easy. I applied it by hand in soft circular motions which didn't take long at all as again this stuff goes on very easy.

Once the entire truck was done I let it dry for 30 minutes. After it was completely dry I used the Cobra microfiber towels to remove all of the dried up sealant. I finished after it was dark so I couldn't see how nice of a finish it left but when I woke up this morning and went out to take a look I was super impressed. The truck looks amazing. You can even feel the difference when touching the paint surface.

Definitely glad I took the time to do this as my truck really needed it.

Here's a few pics I took with my Iphone. I'll make sure to take some better pics with my wife's camera later today once the sun goes down a bit.

Here's the links to the products I used.

Pinnacle Clay Bar
Pinnacle Ultra Poly Claybar - 4 oz [PIN-510] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant - 16 oz [BF-300] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Cobra Microfiber Towels
Cobra Miracle Microfiber Towels [MT-1000B] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Microfiber Applicator
Microfiber Applicator Pad [MP-100B] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

LETHAL PERFORMANCE, INC.
877-2LETHAL
LETHAL
performance.com
Whipple Supercharger's Largest US Distributor
The Fuel System Guru's!!
SPECIAL ALLFORDMUSTANGS DISCOUNT: USE COUPON CODE ALLFORDS when checking out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Looks amazing! I'm going to have to pick some up and give my car a really good scrub down/polish! Thanks for the links!

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks awesome. Great stuff. Use the polish first to fully prep..then the sealant. Let it cure overnight, then a second coat. The paint will look like it's dripping wet. Top it with midnight sun or pinnacle souveran for the fire & ice look.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Vladimir1011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmag1 View Post
Looks awesome. Great stuff. Use the polish first to fully prep..then the sealant. Let it cure overnight, then a second coat. The paint will look like it's dripping wet. Top it with midnight sun or pinnacle souveran for the fire & ice look.
what polish do you use? I'm new to the detailing scene and don't yet have a great grasp on the different products and their uses, but am really looking to get that amazing look.

So wash, clay, polish, seal, wax?

2010 Ford Mustang V6 with BBK CAI, Quarter Window Louvers, Dual Overhead Racing Stripes, 2011 5.0 NTO dual conversion.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012
Apprentice

Your truck looks awesome. I'll have to try that.

2013 Black Mustang GT Premium | Cashmere Trim | Electronics Package with Navigation | Comfort Package | 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page