New Face Gauges on my 96 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

New Face Gauges on my 96

I recently bought the White Face Reverse Glow Gauge Insert (94-98 V6) from American Muscle and installed them the other day.

Taking off the dash and getting the gage cluster out wasnt so hard but when it came to putting the new gauge face on it started to get difficult.

They come in 3 different parts (Main, left side, right side) which was nice. However the holes that you use to put them over the needles were too small and took some time to get them to fit right.

Another thing we had a problem with was the wiring the left and right side wires go straight down which is good but the main gauges wire comes out right into the left side gauges so you have to send it up through the creese and it leaves the temp gauge up a little, its not very noticeable but id rather it be flat.

Also the instructions could have been a little easier to follow and with better pictures.

However once you get them on and everything right they look GREAT!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	304720_484062918271799_2087982776_n.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	162304  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
Snackmaster

Hats off to you for tackling that one... I haven't attempted it yet. They look awesome and you should be happy with your work!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster View Post
Hats off to you for tackling that one... I haven't attempted it yet. They look awesome and you should be happy with your work!
Thanks man! I took about 3 hours to do but i think it was deffenetly worth it!
just those few little things were the only frustrating things about it lol

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matterhorn View Post
I recently bought the White Face Reverse Glow Gauge Insert (94-98 V6) from American Muscle and installed them the other day.

Taking off the dash and getting the gage cluster out wasnt so hard but when it came to putting the new gauge face on it started to get difficult.

They come in 3 different parts (Main, left side, right side) which was nice. However the holes that you use to put them over the needles were too small and took some time to get them to fit right.

Another thing we had a problem with was the wiring the left and right side wires go straight down which is good but the main gauges wire comes out right into the left side gauges so you have to send it up through the creese and it leaves the temp gauge up a little, its not very noticeable but id rather it be flat.

Also the instructions could have been a little easier to follow and with better pictures.

However once you get them on and everything right they look GREAT!
Matterhorn,

Great job with the install they look great, Sometimes these installs can be tricky. I'm glad to here you got everything in and I'm definitely going to look into offering some better instructions with these kits!

Thanks for shopping with AM, we appreciate your business and loyalty! Let me know if you have any questions or ever need some assistance.

- Dan

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Matterhorn,

Great job with the install they look great, Sometimes these installs can be tricky. I'm glad to here you got everything in and I'm definitely going to look into offering some better instructions with these kits!

Thanks for shopping with AM, we appreciate your business and loyalty! Let me know if you have any questions or ever need some assistance.

- Dan
thanks Dan! the only real problem with the instructions was that the picture of the gauges the wire for the main gauges came out the top which was different than what the gauges are lol everything else was good tho =)

so far iv bought everything from AM and i have plans to buy more things in the future =)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2012
Apprentice

Wow, I had always seen these but they never appealed to me in the daytime... but once you turn on the lights it looks REALLY good! I hope they come out with something for the 2013's... I find the retro-style gauge a little hard to read. They're stretched too vertically..

But nice job! it looks awesome!

2013 V6, Performance White, MCA, Glass Roof, Leather Recaro Seats, Rear Camera
Ordered: 8/6 Sticker: 8/25 Build: 9/13 ETA1: 9/23 ETA2: 10/2 ETA 3: 10/13 Picked Up: 10/11 :kooky:
Viper 5704 Alarm System (with Remote Start), Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror (with Display, Homelink, & Compass), Quick-Drain Oil Change Valve, Black JLT Oil Separator, Black MMD Hood Struts, LED License Plate Light Conversion, 3rd Brake Light Pulser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page