good price for a paint and bodyjob? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member

good price for a paint and bodyjob?

i got a quote on my 70. the guy says 3000 for the paint and body work i already have the paint and primer and clear. i replaced the 1/4's and did the front fenders and the guy said i did a good job. he couldn't tell if they were half 1/4's or full so i guess i did alright. i would replace the door skins cuz thye have alot of little dimples in them but he said he can repair them and replace the trunk lid but he says don't worry he'd fix it. he'd hang all the metal and fix the gaps but no chromealso if i wanted the engine compartment painted same as the body he'd sandblast it. i'm not sure if 3 grand is alot, i know that theres a lot of sanding and finesse that goes into these things. i have all the tools to do it and the guy at the body supply shop is really cool so i'm thinkin of doing it myself? my dad thinks i'm nuts and i should jsut get it done but i was lookin for more opinions lol. i've had the car like 14 years and finally have the time and money to work on it. he's supposed to be good, at least recommended by a really good mechanic. and he said 1500 down then 1500 when finished which i think is reasonable. thanks i'm going nuts thinkin about it and dreaming hehe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005

hey i dont know what to tell ya about your questions but i am very fond of your two cars.......very good taste

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member

thanks i just got lucky i got the one car when the prices were really cheap 600 for the mach with no engine or tranny and 3000 for the 68 but it needed some frame, floor, and wiring work(still does it just came off the road argh!) and my parents are cool they let me stay here cheap for a bit hehe. i haven't really had time to work on them cuz my 240sx has been breaking down jeeze lol.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008
Classic Member

Unhappy

3K really doesn't go far anymore.That would be less than 60 hrs to do the work (give or take) and it's very easy to burn through that when it comes to prep work.

Regarding the rust.
I would strongly recommend replacing your trunk and door skins if bubbling on those panels is an issue Canadianstang. It WILL come back, period.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008
Classic Member

yes and do and of the metal replacement before the paint work you never know what may give or flex when it is removed and crack your new paint and nothing will aggrevate you more than having to pay to have it repainted again and then the paint doesnt match. ask me how i know but all is better now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page