Light Gray Carpet Cleaning - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Light Gray Carpet Cleaning

What do you find to be the best product to clean the carpet?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member

anything by maguiars also if it's real bad , you can get new carpet for about a hundred bucks from any mustang parts supplier .

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

THANKS

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2005
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I've taken my truck to those coin operated vacuum/carpet cleaner places and it did a pretty good job cleaning my carpet.

Current Vehicle: 2004 SVT Mustang Cobra: Born 03/03/2004 #2882 of 3768
Previous Vehicles: 2002 Mustang GT & 1998 Mustang GT
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005

Meguair's carpet cleaner is the best it takes out anything.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005
4.6L Member

Best is a very relative term. What is your definition of best?

Minor smudges are easily cleaned with most any off-the-shelf carpet cleaner in the car detailing section of your local Wally-World. "Economy" is the best key here. Meguire's products are at the high end of this example.

Replacing the carpet with new is always an option. "Complete" cleaning is the best key here. Only works good for a totally wasted piece of carpet - burns and grease.

A rented steam cleaner also works great, if you have other household applications to attend to at the same time. "Thorough" cleaning is the best key here. Works with some grease or oil, but not too well. Works good for ground in dirt.

I presume you're looking for something at the detail shelf of Wally World. I use the stuff in the arisol canister with the blue cap. Works great for small areas, and is inexpensive. can't remember the name. Won't work on tar or grease, just dirt smudges. You gotta have a real strong vacuum cleaner.

Good luck. Maybe you could tell us what type of dirt you're lookin' at?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005 Thread Starter
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

let's see how can I say this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat Freak
Best is a very relative term. What is your definition of best?

Minor smudges are easily cleaned with most any off-the-shelf carpet cleaner in the car detailing section of your local Wally-World. "Economy" is the best key here. Meguire's products are at the high end of this example.

Replacing the carpet with new is always an option. "Complete" cleaning is the best key here. Only works good for a totally wasted piece of carpet - burns and grease.

A rented steam cleaner also works great, if you have other household applications to attend to at the same time. "Thorough" cleaning is the best key here. Works with some grease or oil, but not too well. Works good for ground in dirt.

I presume you're looking for something at the detail shelf of Wally World. I use the stuff in the arisol canister with the blue cap. Works great for small areas, and is inexpensive. can't remember the name. Won't work on tar or grease, just dirt smudges. You gotta have a real strong vacuum cleaner.

Good luck. Maybe you could tell us what type of dirt you're lookin' at?
The long drawn out response above is the work of a serial smart azz. The comments above are not helpful nor appreciated. If this is considered to be a sense of humor. ha ha ha (sarcastically) . Now please take the blue can of stuff from Wally World again ha ha ha and clean your girly fiat. Thank you to my fellow Stangers for your responses. You gave me the answer I needed. A Fiat my gosh! Pink Panther.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012
Rookie

The first thing to do is to buy a quality vacuum. The more powerful the better but be warned that extremely powerful vacuums can be quite loud and will upset neighbors, children and pets. With that in mind, a powerful vacuum will suck up more dirt and get deeper into the carpet. If you have the room to store it, go for an upright vacuum. They come with more attachments which will help you clean your floor better. Now that you have the right vacuum, its time for some cleaning!

seattle carpet cleaning
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012
Apprentice

Has anyone found Scotch guarding to be effective?

2013 Black Mustang GT Premium | Cashmere Trim | Electronics Package with Navigation | Comfort Package | 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels
Apprentice

I've sprayed it down a couple times, but I hate the smell. If it's not that effective, I'd love to never do it again.

2013 Black Mustang GT Premium | Cashmere Trim | Electronics Package with Navigation | Comfort Package | 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Oxy Clean in our "Little Green Machine" did a great job for me. My carpet looked awful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page