Does anyone have the Simoniz System 5 ? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006 Thread Starter

Does anyone have the Simoniz System 5 ?

If all goes well, I should be getting my new stang in 3 weeks. Yippee !!:green Anyway dealer is suggesting I buy the System 5 to protect my paint and appearance.It is a teflon coating that is applied to the surface and chemically bonds to the paint. It is guaranteed for 5 years. Cost is $395.

Is anybody here had familiar with this process or had it done to their car?

Thanks,

Pete

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006
Apprentice

Congrats on your new Ride-to-Be!

I think you'll be happier if you don't let the dealer apply any special surface coatings... especially at $395.

Even Dupont states that Teflon does nothing to protect paint. For Teflon to stick, it would require high temperatures.

This scheme is decades old and only the names have changed. A similar system was already installed on my new Mustang so I was stuck with it. It is little more than padded profit for the dealer, and headaches for you if the guy applying it doesn't know what he's doing. Plus, like mine, it likely requires "maintenance" so it's not as if it's an effortless proposition despite what the sales hype suggests.

Do yourself a favor and get a quality do-it-yourself wax. I really like Mothers Reflections Car Wax and Top Coat (and even the Spray Wax for in-between). I also hear good things about their FX SynWax. And there are a lot of other quality waxes out there.

But don't take just my opinion... visit places like www.edmunds.com or do a Google search for "edmunds teflon coating" and see for yourself.

Saleen Show 2013 - Saturday, September 14
More info at saleenshow.com

I get my show car detailed at:
Classy Cars Detailing in Huntington Beach - classycarsdetailing.com
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006 Thread Starter

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the advice. I did google Edmunds and read the articles you mentioned.I had heard of the rust proofing scheme before. I thought the teflon coating was maybe a new break thru to protect the paint.Boy waqs I wrong. See you live in Huntington,CA. That's not too far from Redondo Beach is it ? Stayed in Redondo Beach for a few days in 2004 when we went on a cruise to Hawaii.I really liked that area.

Take care & Thanks again Jim .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page