Still Unsure of Removal/ reattaching of the rear spoiler for 02 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-21-2006 Thread Starter

Question Still Unsure of Removal/ reattaching of the rear spoiler for 02 GT

I am trying to find out how the fastening screws fit together when attaching the rear spoiler to the trunk. I didn't plan on this, but I have to put my rear spoiler back in place-- after popping it off (3 of the 4 screws were jarred free from the spoiler) when I accidentally caught the spoiler on the garage door while backing up in to the stall. Three of the four fastening screws were disconnected from the spoiler, leaving it held on by just one of the remaining fasteners-- which I manually disconnected.
Although the look is not too different without it-- actually looks pretty cool-- I would like to put it back in its place asap, especially before it rains.
So, here are my questions: Is it possible to re-use the same fasteners, or is it necessary to get new ones? And how does this type of fastener fit together? I tried fitting them into the spoiler first, but was unable to-- maybe due to prior use and some damage to the spoiler where the fasteners should be connected. Then I was going to just re-attach the spoiler to the trunk, but it wasn't that easy. If anyone could provide me with step-by-step instructions (and maybe some pics) explaining the best way to re-attach a rear spoiler-- including how the fasteners fit together-- I would greatly appreciate it.
Any advice would be helpful and might prevent a trip to the shop to have a "professional" take look at it.
Thanks for your time,
Philly Jax
02 GT Coupe-- Laser Red Metallic
(minus stock rear spoiler)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page