Pimp up the engine bay ... - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Pimp up the engine bay ...

Hello folks

I'm thinking of 'pimping up' my GT500 engine bay and I see statements like "You can't have too much black in the engine bay" and "Chrome everything", or "Aluminum billet emblems all round".

Any opinions ideas or suggestions as to the best look?

Phill

-----------------------------
I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas.
I'm frightened of the old ones.
John Cage American composer (1912-1992).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchyboy View Post
Hello folks

I'm thinking of 'pimping up' my GT500 engine bay and I see statements like "You can't have too much black in the engine bay" and "Chrome everything", or "Aluminum billet emblems all round".

Any opinions ideas or suggestions as to the best look?

Phill
Best GT500 engine bay I have seen belongs to Marino Mattei. He is not on the forums but is very active on the Facebook Mustang groups.

If you can't find his car let me know and I can post a picture.

2008 GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, American Racing Headers, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR Suspensions, CPC, Canton, Covercraft, Cervini's Auto Design, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, Fore Precision, JLT Perf, Kirban Perf, Lube Locker, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, Moroso, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Raxiom, Royal Purple, Russell Perf, SCT, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, UPR & Vortech
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Scott2

Many thanks for that - I'll have a root round to see if I can get some pic's.

Phill

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015
PONY Member

See if there are any Mustang shows in your area, and if so, go and look at what other people have done. That's where I've gotten most of my inspirations.

2006 GT 5-sp Premium Convertible
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Scott2

Many thanks for that - I'll have a root round to see if I can get some pic's.

Phill
Phill, found a picture for you.

2008 GT/CS Auto – Mods Courtesy: AeroForce, Agent 47, Air Lift Performance, American Racing Headers, Auto Meter, Axle Exchange, Baer, BMR Suspensions, CPC, Canton, Covercraft, Cervini's Auto Design, DaSilva Racing, DiabloSport, FRPP, Fore Precision, JLT Perf, Kirban Perf, Lube Locker, Magnaflow, Maximum Motorsports, Moroso, Nitto, Performance Automatic, Pioneer, Raxiom, Royal Purple, Russell Perf, SCT, Shelby Perf Parts, SOS, Stack Racing, Steeda, StopTech, TA Perf, TCI Auto, UPR & Vortech
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-19-2015
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott2 View Post
Phill, found a picture for you.

My god that is amazing
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Scott,

Man, that is seriously pretty.

Where did you get the Snake decal on the inside of the hood?

I'd better start digging out prices ...

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGrand View Post
See if there are any Mustang shows in your area, and if so, go and look at what other people have done. That's where I've gotten most of my inspirations.
ZGrand

Thanks for that - a good idea, so I'll go to the next one.

I checked it out on the UK Mustang Owners site and somebody sent me a pic with carbon fibre additions -

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-20-2015
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Scott,

Man, that is seriously pretty.

Where did you get the Snake decal on the inside of the hood?

I'd better start digging out prices ...
Phill, not my car. I understand the Snake is painted on.

Here is my car, a 3V.

Birchyboy likes this.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015 Thread Starter
Rookie

Scott2

"Not my car"
Sorry, I should have looked at the description in your 'Signature'.

"I understand the Snake is painted on."
OK - I have a good graphics program and I can probably do that ...

Thanks.

Phill
Josep likes this.

PONY Member

Garage
So I've been looking at engine dress up. My car is by no stretch a show car. It looks nice but there are chips an swirls and all that. Looks great from 30 feet but up close...

Anyway, I'm wondering if plenum and fuel rail covers are worth it (especially the rail covers as they seem to be a bit of a pain to put on) or just one more thing to take off when work needs to be done?

I'd like to dress up my engine a bit (fluid caps, strut tower brace, hood struts, things like that) but I'm wondering if it worth $350 to get a cover kit like they have on the AM site.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC06 View Post
So I've been looking at engine dress up. My car is by no stretch a show car. It looks nice but there are chips an swirls and all that. Looks great from 30 feet but up close...

Anyway, I'm wondering if plenum and fuel rail covers are worth it (especially the rail covers as they seem to be a bit of a pain to put on) or just one more thing to take off when work needs to be done?

I'd like to dress up my engine a bit (fluid caps, strut tower brace, hood struts, things like that) but I'm wondering if it worth $350 to get a cover kit like they have on the AM site.
I recently purchased the engine dress up kit from AM, and I must say I really like how it looks. I also purchased hood struts, by far the best thing I have done to my car.

I'm with you on the fuel rails and plenum cover, I think they look awesome but the price makes me think twice everytime. I don't have a pic of the fluid caps yet, I just put them on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	461.3 KB
ID:	493018  

2007 Saleen S281 3-valve #170
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I do have the hood struts on my car now and I love them! IDKW Ford didn't put them on our cars.

As for my EB its all Black (no bling) I've thought about the caps. I also thought about painting my OEM valve covers Blue.
And maybe my engine cover (in blue)

Was never a fan of the fuse box cover neither But that what makes "US" all different

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_stang200 View Post
I do have the hood struts on my car now and I love them! IDKW Ford didn't put them on our cars.
Yeah, I think I'll order a set next week if I have $80 left over after pay day. I think I'll go black as I may not bling up my engine. I'm starting to think I may leave it stock, or at least very close. I have sequential lights, a short antenna an flower grill inserts. Nothing that really "changes" the car but make it look more the way I think it should have looked from the line.

Every Mustang should have sequential tail lights in my opinion.
Why leave those open spots in the lower grill?
Why that long antenna?
Why the hood prop rod on a sports/muscle car?

I'm even starting to think I'll leave the original wheels. They are the stock 17x8 but they have been so good, especially this winter. No winter driving issues at all.

2006 Mustang GT Premium in Vista Blue with Light Graphite leather interior. Shaker1000 stereo, hood scoop and spoiler. Mods: 8" antenna; lower grill inserts; sequential tail lights; Hood Struts; Steeda Strut Tower Brace; Magnaflow Street Axle Backs; painted to match radiator cover and extensions; chrome engine dress-up package
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Steve I got my hood struts from cruzinconceptswholesale.com for $116 + free shipping

I still have my OEM wheels I changed mine out because I wanted to be a little different than every one else. IMO the changes I made on my stang makes her look more old school
(new hood/side scoops and staggered wheels)

How do you like the sequential tail lights? were they easy to install?

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page