Whats your favorite wax guys! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Best results I've ever had is with a synthetic polymer sealant (I used Meguiar's wax) followed by an application of a caranuba wax the following day.

Check out the Meguiar's forums, they recommended synthetic first, then caranuba. Gives a nice shine and you get the best of both worlds.

Don't forget to use a polishing compound or glaze before sealing/waxing if you have swirls, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK09GT View Post
Zymol
Yup, that's the stuff right there. Can't be beat. Best there is, no question. A few years ago, I had some body work done on my 2007 redfire GT. I took it to a shop that was into muscle cars. They built out a couple of their own. They had to replace the front facia, and the right headlight. The body shop did an awesome job color matching the facia, then detailed out the whole car, inside and out, clay barred and then hand applied Zymol cleaner wax. It looked like a different, newer car and the shine lasted for six months. I re-waxed with Zymol myself then, and it again lasted for half a year of road salt and sand, and car washes in the mid-atlantic area. That was 7 years ago, and I have never used anything else since, never will. It is really pricey, but it lasts eons longer than the big market junk.

Ask the people at the Pebble Beach Concourse D'elegance what they use. Zymol is on the top of their list.

In fifty years of waxing cars, I have used everything. The big companies like meguires can't touch Zymol with a long stick.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Extra coats of wax are a waste of time, money and sweat. Each subsequent coat dissolves the prior coat and you end up with exactly the same thickness of hard wax after buffing it out.

130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I am a Meguiars man since the eighties. I had a black 1979 Pontiac grand lemans that I called the black ghost. Today I still use Meguiars detail wax. I have not put a paste wax on yet but will probably do it soon and when I do it will be Meguiars gold.

Preacherman
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
I use SCG(Surf City Garage) Black wax and other SCG products on my car

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jim293
I have been using Adams Waxes and products for years now. Love there stuff.

2002 Saleen S/C Coupe
#293 Torch Red
21st Century Intercooler & Heat Exchanger
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats
#14 RMR (Red Mustang Registry)
Power in the hands of a few
Rookie

I've actually had good luck with NuFinish.

2008 Silver V6 Mustang Coupe
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Turtle Wax Ice.....not that it gives the best shine (good but not best) but because you put it on black plastic and it does not stain it. My 2012 has a lot of black plastic.....

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-29-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for all the input guys, I'm learning something here.
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim293 View Post
I have been using Adams Waxes and products for years now. Love there stuff.
I see that Adams Polishes just joined the site, never used them before but looking forward to trying them out.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Try p21s works great on my 07 black :.
Edmund K likes this.
DTRedfire

I have been using Meguiars for some time now, it's a nice good all around wax. Although, I'm looking for something a bit different. Actually I'm glad you started this thread, I'm picking up some good ideas here I like what I see from Zymol though.

I usually use:
Meguiars (During washes)
Turtle Ice Wax (In between major washes)
Nufinish (Twice a year)
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTRedfire View Post
I have been using Meguiars for some time now, it's a nice good all around wax. Although, I'm looking for something a bit different. Actually I'm glad you started this thread, I'm picking up some good ideas here I like what I see from Zymol though.

I usually use:
Meguiars (During washes)
Turtle Ice Wax (In between major washes)
Nufinish (Twice a year)
Wow, your car looks fantastic?
Rookie

Garage
Pete's from Chemical Guys is good. I have used several types and liquid is easier than paste of course but paste looks better when buffed correctly. Any of the Dodo Juice stuff is good. Meguiars is good. Pinnacle Black Label is by far the best I have used so far, but at $195 for 8 ounces it is very pricey. Currently using Chemical Guys Jet Seal and the Pete's once the Jet Seal has cured for a day. Got great results on my black '14 V6, but she is gone on to someone new now and I haven't done my '16 GT yet. Can't wait to hit that Deep Impact with the Black Label! That stuff is great.

Jake
Apprentice

I keep going back to blackfire products. I've tried DoDo juice, sonax PNS, and a few others. Nothing beats the ease of use and relative good finish of BF. If I'm going to polish, then there is no need to strip off the old wax. After I either strip or polish off the old sealant and wax I start with BF wet diamond. Let cure for 24 hours then BF crystal seal. BFCS is so easy it's stupid.

Waterless washes are performed by ultimate waterless wash + and "wet" washes are follow by a light mist of UWW+ as a lube and drying aid.

[b]2013 GT Premium,Red Candy, 6AT: GT500AB, FRPP tune.

-Democrats are cockroaches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in