Whats your favorite wax guys! - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

It really depends on a lot of variables what will work best. In a dewy or humid environment like at Pebble Beach, I use a sealant (Radiant) and not a wax as waxes can cause condensation in such an environment. If you are running it across the block in an auction in a dry area like Scottsdale's Barrett Jackson, I use pure carnuba with no silicon or additives.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member

Megs, etc. are not badproducts but they just don't hold up or work as well as commercial/professionalgrade products (that actual cost the same or less). You have to remember,everyone uses the same substances to formulate their products, what isdifferent is the purity/concentration & price.....typical retail names aremuch more expensive per ounce than commercial lines.

The absolute best ($ for $) IMHOis "Satin Cream" (for dark colors), it is made by BAF & distributedthrough Pro Car Care products. It is very easy to work with either by hand,orbital or buffer. It has the same acrylic hardener as the high dollar paintsealants but it has 30% German imported carnauba....no, your arm will not falloff putting it on or taking it off & it has a very mild polish in it aswell. Even parking the vehicle outside, the MFG gives a 6 months warrantybefore another application is required. I use this personally on my toys &daily drivers (which include a 1997 black Cougar sport) and all I can tell youare not even bugs like to stick to the paint- most of the time when water isapplied they just float off- bird poop is just as easy. No smeary look either-very clean clear deep look. On my toys, I give them a fresh coat about every 2years (literally, even for a show), my daily drivers (I have one that sitsoutside), I apply to the entire vehicle every 6 months, and do the hood, roofand trunk every 3 months (probably overkill, but I know it is well protectedfrom the elements including industrial fallout).

For light colored cars I use Profection PaintSealant (P-73-Q)…it is the same product as “Satin Crème” but without thecarnauba….it brings up a much higher shine which on light colored cars looksbetter IMHO (although it has less depth of shine that carnauba gives) and ithas a much higher level of polish in it.….I also use this on all my chrome,stainless, etc…it not only shines it up like new but it is sealed from theelements as well……it works very nice on the poly carbonate headlamp lenses aswell- cleaning up the lighter haze that happens over time.
BAF Industries 1910 S. Yale Street Santa Ana, CA 92704 800-437-9893

An excellent alternate product is 3M Perfect It Show Car Liquid Wax- a siliconewax/polish but excellent results as well, just maybe about 90% of the qualityof the satin cream.

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II
MACH I Member

Garage
Back when I was doing the car show thing, I used Zaino products. PITA, multi step process, but the results were worth it...sometimes. Now that the car is no longer a show queen, it gets Griot's Spray On Car Wash. Can't use hose n bucket anymore...no side windows and got open louvers in the hood

IF MY CAR WENT AS FAST AS THE MONEY I SPEND ON IT, I'D WIN EVERY RACE

Rookie
V6 Member

Klasse sealant for protection + wax on top of that
Rookie

Garage
Whats your favorite wax guys!

Meguiars NXT Gen 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rookie

First ... What I currently use is several different products depending on whst im waxing.
Lower near the road area get a Polymer sealant lnown and tested by detailers to outlast and give protevtion even after 6-9 wsdhes with Purple power. That is Turyle Wsx seal and shine. In fact it is stronger than products costing 10x as much. For weekly monthly service I just switched from megs ultimate liquid wax to using Griots best of show. I also use same nsme detsil zprsy
And topped it with chemical guys GlassWorkz glaze. The result was winning Top 3 in Class Ford Modern 1974 - Present at County Car Show.

But for this winter she will be getting a Ceramic coating. Probably DPS Shield.
Rookie

Adam's Butter Wax

over the years I've tried all kinds of waxes with some great results, BUT, I've found Adam's Butter Wax and couldn't be happier. It's so easy to go on and just as easy to wipe off. I'm sold
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mach1 mustang.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	860.8 KB
ID:	612403  

put the pedal down and ride the MUSTANG to the end!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page