Whats your favorite wax guys! - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-23-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thumbs up Whats your favorite wax guys!

Lets see it, your favorite wax when you really want your car to shine!
I'll start it off, I think any one of Meguiars products are the best.

Last edited by MarkMartinez; 03-24-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
GT Member

After using up the Turtle Wax that I had, I decided to give Meguiar's a try. I'm very pleased with their Gold Class paste. So pleased, in fact, that I'll probably just get the same thing again when this tub runs out. It's easier to work with, and seems to give better luster as well.

1995 Mustang GT (5.0), daily driver
1995 GMC C2500 (5.7), alternate daily driver
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
GT Member
S197 Member

Garage
Zaino. I personally think it is great.
my89foxbody likes this.

Howelldaddy
89 LX Notch: Floo-Tek 5.0X heads, GT-40 intake, B-303 cam, Dynamic 3800 converter, 4.10:1 gears & lots of suspension work. 12.50 @ 106.42 MPH.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
Apprentice

Garage
+1 Meguiars

'07 Mustang GT Premium
FRPP camshafts, C&L Racer, AED dyno tune, 4.10s, BBK tuned shorties, MAC Pro Chamber, SVE axlebacks, SR springs, Eibach struts and dampers, Subframe connectors, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR Adjustable panhard, J&M AUCA & LCA, Camber plates, CMDP, BBK UDPs, Exedy LW flywheel and stage 2 clutch, Hurst short throw shifter, SS brake lines, Window louvers, CDC Shaker scoop, custom hood paint and rear decklid paint. S197 Mach 1 replica?
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
Apprentice

Collinite 845 http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06
my89foxbody and Mustang13 like this.

2014 Ruby Red V6 Premium w/pony package, Magnaflow Street axle-backs, LED license plate light, LED interior lights, Strip LED trunk lights, MMD Hood struts, SCT X4 Tuner with Steeda tunes for life, Boss 302 strut tower brace, OEM extended range remote start, Raxiom Navigation.
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro View Post
After using up the Turtle Wax that I had, I decided to give Meguiar's a try. I'm very pleased with their Gold Class paste. So pleased, in fact, that I'll probably just get the same thing again when this tub runs out. It's easier to work with, and seems to give better luster as well.
The cleaner wax from Meguiars is a good one wax that cleans, shines and leaves the car silky smooth. I use it from time to time on every car we have. Right now I'm using the liquid carnuba wax on my stang. Seems to leave a real hard solid shine. With all the products i always use the liquid. Seems easier to take off and polish.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
Apprentice

I used the XXX Hardcore Carnuba from Chemical Guys on my Race Red GT, and think it came out pretty awesome...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151213_153337_1458860628227.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	507993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151213_153438_1458860662289.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	508001  
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknifetoaswan View Post
I used the XXX Hardcore Carnuba from Chemical Guys on my Race Red GT, and think it came out pretty awesome...
Yes, it is VERY awesome!
thanks for the post.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMartinez View Post
Yes, it is VERY awesome!
thanks for the post.
Thank you! That was achieved on a two month old car, using Meguiar's clay, then a nice thin coat of wax.

She's going to need another coat in a couple weeks, and this time I'll clay, then coat with Chemical Guy's Deep Reflections XP (hand applied), then a coat of the XXX Hardcore Carnuba wax.

JR

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Race Red GT Premium Fastback - Performance Package, Navigation, Enhanced Security Package, Ebony Premier Trim
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I also like the synthetics like Meguiars NXT tech wax and believe it or not, Nu car finish in the orange bottle actually works pretty darn good. That stuff has been around a long time and you can find it anywhere.
PONY Member

Another Zaino user here.
Howelldaddy likes this.

2006 GT 5-sp Premium Convertible
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 03-24-2016 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGrand View Post
Another Zaino user here.
I here that Zaino is really good stuff!
Howelldaddy likes this.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMartinez View Post
I also like the synthetics like Meguiars NXT tech wax and believe it or not, Nu car finish in the orange bottle actually works pretty darn good. That stuff has been around a long time and you can find it anywhere.
I've always been pretty pleased with the look of Nu-Finish as well and it seems to go on and come off easily
Rookie

Zymol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpeg
Views:	142
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	508409  
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Top of the Line Carnauba wax is the bomb! I have used the Turtle Wax Black kit with good results. But that Top of the Line Carnauba wax and three coats of it before fall last year....has my black Mustang looking good after a long winter's drive with several Gold Class hand washings in between. It's not only the wax that does the job, it's how you apply the wax....and the right wax as well as hand washing your Mustang with PH balanced shampoo. You've got to get the most out of your paint. Waxing is the very last step in a process. Any wax won't do any good at all unless you do the process and care and maintain your paint or improve it.
All of your hard work......effort and time as well as the purchase price for the wax you so choose is wasted if you ever take your car to a commercial car wash. Just my opinion.

Black means black. If there is any chrome involved, it's not black anymore. Just sayin'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in