Ford Mustang Forum banner

mustang club in oklahoma city area??

12K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  sho89mtx 
#1 ·
:waveyAre there any mustang clubs in the OKC area? if not one should be started. Lets organize here:wavey

#2 ·
The Oklahoma Mustang Club seems to be based out of the OKC area. I've been intending to check out a meeting for the last few months, but something always seems to come up so I've never gone.

The next meeting is Sunday, Aug 30, 2009 @ 2pm. Location:

Oklahoma Country Music Association in Del City
3925 SE 29th, located at Sunnylane and SE 29th.
Next to Wall's Store (west of Sunnylane)

#5 ·
BTW... don't waste your time signing up for their forums. The site requires you to register even to read messages. I signed up last week only to find the forum was completely dead. There were a few messages mentioning that "nobody ever posts any more" but even those were old.

#7 ·
Hey, if you have plenty of free time, check out the calendar from the site I mentioned. It doesn't look like they are all "Mustang Only" events, but the site seems to keep up with fun stuff going on all around the state.

I'm going to try to attend the meeting on the 30th (again). IF I go, I plan to write about it afterward.

#8 ·
Oklahoma Mustang Club

So, I was trying to look at okmustangs.com but it will never pull up, so, I was curious of all the other fellow oklahoma mustang ethusists. Perhaps we can all get together some time for a cruise, drive in movie (haha), or get something to eat. Mainly a group of local members to go to car shows and the track with would be ideal, you know? I'm currently living out in Lawton, but I'm usually in OKC all the time, so, I would probably say people within an hour or two of okc?

On a completely unrelated note, I am watching Terminator 2: Judgement Day. Who is with me when I say that this movie is likely one of the best written and directed movies to ever be produced? lol. And who else is with me when I say that the rest of the series afterwards (so excluding The Terminator [1]) were extremely disappointing, especially the joke of a movie called Rise of the Machines? Random thoughts by your friendly neighborhood MayonnaisePlant.

Replies or Private Messages would be nice for anyone around this area though.

#9 ·
Wheather is starting to get better, I am down for a ride. I am located in N. Okc/S. Edmond.

#10 ·
So...did this ever happen? Is it going to happen?

There's another mustang club in Oklahoma, Dead Horse Mustang Club, that are of a younger age than OK Mustang Club.

Seems like both have good qualities, though, I have not personally dealt with either. Deadhorse Mustang Club is more spontaneous and "lively" while it seems that OK Mustang Club is a bit more relaxed and low key. Cruises to scheduled areas, participation in the Mustang Club of America events and such.

Either way, there are some options out there if you decide not to schedule a cruise yourself.

-Purr

#11 ·
Yeah, I ended up getting the site to finally work for OMC Home Page, so I ended up joining. Nice guys, but definitely a more 'mature' club regarding age. I've met up with them a couple of times. All nice people, and I enjoy the news letters, but I haven't really spoken with anyone in the club so far that is really into going to the strip and such. To most of them their cars are purely for show. Nothing wrong with that, but, being a young man myself, I like WOT quite a bit. I'll definitely look up Deadhorse Mustang Club, though I'll likely keep my membership with okmustang Club as well.

I'd actually like to schedule a trip down to the track, or perhaps see if I can get a few people together and possibly find somewhere to give us a group rate discount for some dyno pulls. Anyone have any information on this?

I'm going to check out Deadhorse Mustang Club and see what they have going on, but if anyone knows a place with a Dyno that would be willing to give a group discount, speak up. If I find one, I'll start collecting information. I'm in Edmond a lot though cdehdarani.

#12 ·
I'm the webmaster for the Oklahoma Mustang Club. I just "caught" this thread. Sorry I can't lurk on forums like I used to before I took this job. I sincerely ask that you check us out at www.okmustangs.com. We have a national show coming in June at Mustang, OK. If you go to the main page, you will see the link to the Chisholm Trail National Show. Click on that and it will take you to an entire website I created for the show.

Regarding other events we put on, there is a track event at the Sheriff's training center in OKC for members and their friends. On the main website, you will see a Club Calendar that I try to keep updated with all of the events we are putting on. You can see on the calendar when our meetings are each month. Our usual number of events is slightly less this year due to our involvement with the National Show. Last Saturday, we attended the first of 10 events put on from Ford's Operation Drive One for our military. We had over 30 cars at the event.

For those of you who would like to know anything about the Oklahoma Mustang Club feel free to email me at webmaster@okmustangs.com. I'll be happy to converse with you about the club. We have had many new members join with their newer mustangs. Our membership is getting younger all the time. :)

I hope I have answered at least some of your questions about the OMC. Drop in on one of our meetings or shows anytime. We will love to have you involved.

All my best

#13 ·
cool i just bought a 95 gt really nice car lots of mods i live in edmond. would love to hook up with some other mustang owners and talk shop go to the track do dyno pulls or what ever. email me and maybe we acn make it happen.

#16 ·
any good shops that will install 373 gears in my 2011

#17 ·
I dont know if anyone is still using this thread... But I wanted to mention the Oklahoma City chapter of WickedStangs Mustang club. I am a member. We are all different ages! Please message me for anymore info! We are having a meeting tomorrow (Thursday June 21, 2012). We actually do this event, Wicked Thursdays, every thursday! We would love to have lots of cars there. You do not have to be a member to attend! Just come get a feel for the club and the decision to join is yours! Also, our website is WickedStangs.com .

Details for the meeting:
Emerson Biggins Sports Bar
1732 S Meridian
Oklahoma City, OK 73108

A "tips only" car wash begins at 6pm!
The meeting itself will begin at 7!
This is a sports bar so your welcome to order food![/B]

Please feel free to message or email me for anymore information on the event or the club!
Km189735@gmail.com
(I'm likely to respond quicker to emails!)

#18 ·
I am a member of the OMC and its a really nice club. We are going to be moving our meeting place after the first meeting at the end of the month. You should check it out. I got my gears installed at B and R performance on my 2012 V6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.