Ford Mustang Forum banner

Displeased Ford Mustang owner

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  andreg211 
#1 ·
Let me start this thread by saying that I as well as my entire family are very partial to Ford vehicles and we are big proponents of owing American made vehicles. My first vehicle was a 2000 Ford Mustang and my second vehicle which I own now is also a 2011 Ford Mustang. It is with great discern however that I point out my dissatisfaction with Ford and how I have been treated by the Russell & Smith Ford Houston dealership where I purchased my 2011 Ford Mustang. Here is my story, when I purchased the vehicle on August 2010 I immediately started having issues with my A/C unit and I took it to the dealership Russell & Smith when the vehicle was under warranty and they fixed the issue by adding refrigerant cooler, this was a simple solution to mask a much heavier issue with my A/C. The issue arose once again several months later and my vehicle was still under warranty and I once again took my vehicle in to the same dealership Russell & Smith. They once again added more refrigerant cooler to the A/C unit and they assured me that the problem had been corrected and that parts were replaced. Well, I was duped into believing them because my A/C unit starting acting up again, blowing hot air and it was at this point that my car was no longer under warranty.

I was left with the problem and Russell & Smith would no longer honor the warranty or diagnose the A/C issue unless I paid out of pocket. I till this date find myself constantly buying refrigerant coolers and adding cans to my A/C in order to stay cool during the hot summer months in Houston, Texas. It is very discouraging to know that you buy a brand new vehicle to soon find out that you will have an imperfect car that turns out to have long lasting mechanical issues.

Here recently I submitted a complaint to the Ford Regional Customer Service department explaining my situation. The Ford Rep. who handled my complaint investigated the issue and sent me an email recently stating that Russell & Smith do show in their records that I brought my vehicle in for A/C repairs and that they added freon. The Ford Rep. also states that the records show that I took the vehicle in to Baytown Ford and the Service department replaced my actuator. This is a complete lie from Russell & Smith Ford because I took my Ford vehicle in to the Russell & Smith dealership both times and I have never even stepped foot or heard of Baytown Ford. To also add insult to injury Russell & Smith made it deliberately known to the Ford Regional Customer Service Representative that they never again want me to visit their Service department for future service or maintenance repairs. This is the same dealership where I purchased my vehicle and my brother purchased a brand new Ford Edge on the same exact day not to mention a month prior my Father had purchased a brand new Ford F-150 all from the Russell & Smith dealership, how disappointing that they would treat the consumers as such.

What I am hoping to achieve from Ford is simply that they work with me on getting this issue straightened out because the problem still exist with my vehicle 4 years later. I am still a big fan of Ford vehicles and I firmly believe that they make superior vehicles and I will continue to purchase Ford vehicles in the future.

Regards,

Andre Gonzalez
andreg211@yahoo.com

See less See more
#4 ·
Since your original problem was present when the warranty was in effect and the dealer has failed to fix it, the warranty should still apply. That would be the angle I would argue but I would consider using a different dealer. The attitude and incompetence of your current dealer would seem to preclude a satisfactory outcome using them.

#7 ·
My last salesman at a Ford dealership drove a Maxima. Just because the dealership says Ford, they might not represent Ford, if you know what I mean. They should, yes, but a crook is a crook is a crook. I sure hope the REAL Ford people can get you some help, good luck to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.