Good idea to close the MT82 problems thread? - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Thumbs up

It was a great idea to close that garbage thread. There were little to no technical discussions taking place concerning the MT82. Only Ford hate being spewed and a bunch of high school dramalama's.

2011 Premium GT/Sterling Gray/M6/Brembos/Tech/ HIDs/Comfort/Security/Back up camera
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon914ny View Post

He's making it up. Only Ford - and now the NHTSA as of October 14th - have that data.

It's kind of like making up saying you're posting from White Plains NY, but you're actually located in San Jose CA. :laughlitt

You Matero, of all people, are the king of making stuff up.

You had credibility in the beginning, but now it's all gone thanks to your incessant posting that equates to nothing. So much for the ABC 20/20 report, the lemon wrap and you're supposed lemon case (all of which should be done by now). I mean c'mon, tomorrow is November 2011 already... and you've put so much energy posting on the web, but nothing accomplished when it comes to your own situation. Lame.

GT Member

[quote=jon914ny;2793000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randeez11 View Post

He's making it up. Only Ford - and now the NHTSA as of October 14th - have that data.
\The 99% number have all held... if those few that were actuall issues that in fact "weren't, takes it down to less than 50. So you are looking at 99.5% working. Only the ones pounding on their transminssions are having the problmes, or just don't know how to turn left across a road in any car... a good transminssion won't help that type.

Again though...l how does Jmatero and jon914ny do it with himself? Who playts mama and papa?

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramstang View Post
It's kind of like making up saying you're posting from White Plains NY, but you're actually located in San Jose CA. :laughlitt

You had credibility in the beginning, but now it's all gone thanks to your incessant posting that equates to nothing. So much for the ABC 20/20 report, the lemon wrap and you're supposed lemon case (all of which should be done by now). I mean c'mon, tomorrow is November 2011 already... and you've put so much energy posting on the web, but nothing accomplished when it comes to your own situation. Lame.
His lame bubble wrap will never occur... the supposed 20/20 site will never occur.... nobody cares about it because it doen'st happen enough to bother. Once you sift out the ones who really can't drive a stick, and force gears into they shouldn't be...grinding them on purpose in those same youtube videos they throw around.... no wonder nobody believes them anymnore.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramstang View Post

Thus you now see why he never posted his VIN number. Are we even sure he ever owned a mustang? :?:

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry390 View Post
I'm on this forum to do some due diligence before plunking down 40K for a car. I won't miss the MT82 sticky but I have to give some credit to jmatero for getting the MT82 problem some light. His posts and videos made me turn away from Ford for now. I know the trannie problem may not be significant but I won't trust my luck to get one that works.

I've got other cars on my short list for next year but I'm still hoping to see a thread here entitled "FORD ANNOUNCES FIX FOR MT82 TRANSMISSIONS".
Agree. There is a new website for MT82 problems.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT2011 View Post
There are other websites where the conversations are civilized and owners treat each other with respect.
So this is why you joined AFM TODAY ?? Without an introduction?? To add to the league of anti-MT82 posters? Those are the only type of posts you've made so far........

What are you driving and how about an introduction?

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Apprentice

Quote:
There are other websites where the conversations are civilized and owners treat each other with respect. This place has turned into a real fanboy>bashing>owners haven. Don't let the venom here fool you into thinking the whole Mustang community is like this. It's your $40k. I don't think you'll every hear "Ford Announces Fix". The best you can do is monitor the NHTSA investigation at their site or brokenstangs and hope they transition to an engineering phase soon.
Wow your 4th post and you know that much about this place already? I just joined here and the few whiners on here make it hard for the non problem tranny owners to enjoy this place.

2012 Black Base Model 6MT, 3.73s, Steeda Shifter, CJ intake, CJ monoblade TB, Rev auto CAI, JBA LTs, o/r h pipe, Stage 3 comp cams, AED tune, Steeda Sport springs
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Sorry but I've been reading these forums for over a year now and I think that there are instigators on both sides. But the personal attacks and blaming of owners for the problems they run into just gives the community a bad name. When I go to the Mustang car shows, we talk about all of these things respectfully because, problems or not, we all love our cars. The climate here is such that it really gives our community a bad name. I finally signed up after reading all the jmatero bashing because the same folks attacking his actions are also pointing to the Feds as the "final word" on the matter. Meanwhile, there would be no "Feds" involved if he didn't rally the troops together.

I have a 2011 GT, Job-2 built 11/2010. My 1-2 and 2-3 are terrible now that the overnight temps are down in the 40's here. I already had the fluid swap which did nothing but start the same whine that's on the Edmunds car. I'm definitely not bringing it in again until I start reading here about fixes and so far, all I'm hearing is "they replaced my transmission with one off the line... and now it's acting up again".
Thanks for the intro, Sorry to hear about your problems. Too bad you didn't join sooner to share your information. I have an MT82 equipped V6 built a month later than yours, over 11,000 on the odo and it is the slickest shifting Trans I've owned! It has been freezing here in the great white north for over 2 weeks now and I notice no shifting differences.

Good luck with your GT

Never argue with an idiot........They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
So this is why you joined AFM TODAY ?? Without an introduction?? To add to the league of anti-MT82 posters? Those are the only type of posts you've made so far........

What are you driving and how about an introduction?
Maybe it's matreo using a new username
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006GTfan View Post
Agree. There is a new website for MT82 problems.
Yep... with 2 members, both coming from the same IP address. A party of two!

Bryce
---------
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
Thus you now see why he never posted his VIN number. Are we even sure he ever owned a mustang? :?:
I seem to have remembered a certain poster doing burnouts in a video long, long ago... then there were "tranmission issues" videos. Maybe it wasn't even his car. :?:

Bryce
---------
74stang2togo

If everyone who had a problem with the MT82 would go to safercar.gov and make a detailed, well-written, coherent complaint, things would get resolved much more quickly.

When Suzuki had an extremely dangerous problem with the 2006 Grand Vitara resulting in a loss of all steering, they released a TSB and only fixed it for free if the owners were still under warranty.

A dozen complaints later, including mine on behalf of my mother after I fixed hers, and Suzuki was forced into a full-fledged recall with the improved part that we'd paid out-of-pocket for.

Complaint Summary | Safercar.gov | NHTSA That's the complaint I wrote.

If you want something done, you're going to have to make it worth Ford's while. Government pressure would do that.

Also, I question Ford's wisdom in selecting the MT82 for the 305hp V6 and 412hp V8s... the MT82 didn't hold up to the 4-banger gas and diesel engines pushing it around in Land Rovers, so they decided to put it behind engines making even MORE torque and horsepower while spinning MORE RPM... :hihi:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page