Do You Have a Suggestion or Idea to Improve Our Site? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
Suggest adding a "catch-all" forum for stuff that doesn't fit into the other categories. Other than that, everything works fine for me. I use the AdBlock Plus so I don't catch hell surfing through pop-ups.

1975 Mustang Ghia Auto
1979 Cobra 302, 4 Speed
1995 GT Vert 5.0 HO, 5 Speed
Want - 78 King Cobra 4 Speed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DParis View Post
Suggest adding a "catch-all" forum for stuff that doesn't fit into the other categories. Other than that, everything works fine for me. I use the AdBlock Plus so I don't catch hell surfing through pop-ups.
you have a virus if you are getting pop-ups cause I get none...

2002 V6 Oxford White (Traded in for $5300 off the 2014)
2014 GT Ruby Red, planned 1st mod, MGW Shifter.
Biggest Pet peeve, People stealing the parking spot I'm waiting for.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Garage
No, no virus here. I was throwing that in for those folks who were complaining about the ads in earlier posts. Maybe they've removed them all.

1975 Mustang Ghia Auto
1979 Cobra 302, 4 Speed
1995 GT Vert 5.0 HO, 5 Speed
Want - 78 King Cobra 4 Speed

Site Administrator

Hello,

The thread closing option is only available to moderators and you can see if any mods are on if you go to the forum index page and scroll down.

Attached is a Screenshot of highlighted names. Green is for mods and the dark red is for admins.

~Kay
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	342.0 KB
ID:	432026  

Site Administrator
Rookie

I see the last suggestion was way back in 2015, so I hope someone is still monitoring this section.

I would like to see a section devoted to the 50 Year Special Anniversary cars. Although there is really nothing "special" about these cars, there were only 1964 of them made. I think it would be interesting if the forum would open up a section for these cars for a couple of reasons.

1. I think it would be cool to establish a registry of these cars to see if all 1964 or as many as possible be identified with pertinent information, i.e., color, location, mileage, manual vs automatic, etc.

2. Any performance modifications need not be posted as those are universal across the GT line but such a section would offer the opportunity for owners to trade cars; say a member bought a manual but with hind sight realizes that an automatic would have been a better choice. This section would afford the opportunity to make a trade with another member that had purchased an automatic but, with hind sight, realizes manual would have been a better choice.

3. Resale values could be posted to let member/owners keep up with what the market says with regard to the resale value of these cares compared to a GT Premium.

JMHO but think there are probably other benefits, at least for those member/owners to have a section dedicated to a limited production car even if the only thing "special" about these cars is the fact that each is numbered and productions was limited to 1964.

Thanks for reading.
Site Administrator

Hey there,

The only way to get this done is by creating a forum section that lists all this.
If you can get me the info on the cars, I can get that done.

Ed

Site Administrator
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hey there,
The only way to get this done is by creating a forum section that lists all this. If you can get me the info on the cars, I can get that done.

Ed
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more along the "Field of Dreams" line, you know, "create it and they will come". I own #1802 and have searched on line for such a forum or registry and, to the best of my knowledge, such a forum does not exist. I would bet that there are forum members or visitors to this forum that also own one of these cars.

I would have no idea how to even begin collecting the data on these cars. FOMOCO probably has the data but I doubt they would share and even if they did, that doesn't get the owners onboard. I bet that there are many owners searching for just such a spot and it would be great if that spot was on this forum. That's all I got; thanks again.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djl45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hey there,
The only way to get this done is by creating a forum section that lists all this. If you can get me the info on the cars, I can get that done.

Ed
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking more along the "Field of Dreams" line, you know, "create it and they will come". I own #1802 and have searched on line for such a forum or registry and, to the best of my knowledge, such a forum does not exist. I would bet that there are forum members or visitors to this forum that also own one of these cars.

I would have no idea how to even begin collecting the data on these cars. FOMOCO probably has the data but I doubt they would share and even if they did, that doesn't get the owners onboard. I bet that there are many owners searching for just such a spot and it would be great if that spot was on this forum. That's all I got; thanks again.
etis.ford.com/# put in the vin and it will show you everything the vehicle came with... assuming it's in the database

Last edited by Draghon; 10-22-2018 at 06:14 PM.
PONY Member

For some reason this site is very slow. I can make a sandwich in between switching forums.
Sick467 likes this.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07redstang View Post
For some reason this site is very slow. I can make a sandwich in between switching forums.
What PC do you have? Specs? Cause it's not slow for me...

PONY Member

Fairly new HP laptop.

Site Administrator

@07redstang When you notice the slowness, do you see the site hanging on anything in the "waiting for" messages in the bottom left of the screen?

Niall

Site Administrator
PONY Member

Nope it happens with every thread I look at. I'll try a different browser and see if it makes a difference. Currently using edge.

GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07redstang View Post
Nope it happens with every thread I look at. I'll try a different browser and see if it makes a difference. Currently using edge.
Yeah, 1st thing I did is disabled Edge and found the OG Explorer in my system.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draghon View Post
ETIS.FORD.COM put in the vin and it will show you everything the vehicle came with... assuming it's in the database
Thanks but that is not the suggestion; all 1964 SE 50th Anniversary Mustangs came equipped the same with the trans and color being the exception; manual vs auto. There are some Mustangs with 50th Anniversary badging and or trim but those are not part of the original 1964 numbered cars. The intent of my OP was to find a site where all 1964 of these vehicles could be registered and the owners share and, perhaps, establishing such a registry on this site. However, if you know of a site devoted to this particular Mustangs, let me know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page