Good Ford Performance Shops in NC? Or close? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Good Ford Performance Shops in NC? Or close?

Are there any good ford performance/tuning shops in NC? I'd like to have some at the very least some tuning done to my 2018 and at the most a supercharger installed... hoping there is some reputable shops in the state. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madlag View Post
Are there any good ford performance/tuning shops in NC? I'd like to have some at the very least some tuning done to my 2018 and at the most a supercharger installed... hoping there is some reputable shops in the state. Any suggestions?
Dang I just welcomed you to the forum and sounds like you just got a GT350R. Are you already ready to tune it and mess with it? This is just my opinion, but enjoy the car for what it is for a bit. I owned a 2013 Boss 302 and it is an amazing car as well. Because of owning that I had many dealers in the past 6 moths invite me to test drive GT350's. So I have driven the GT350 and it is just amazing, sounds amazing, and drives amazing. I bet the GT350R is even better. I have and am kinda still am considering buying a GT350. Used prices are what I would be able to justify, but I can't convince myself to buy used and NEW prices are hard to justify as that is getting into Porsche territory. So I keep saying if I am spending that much on a car it is going to be a Porsche! haha

So a little about you. What part of NC? (I am in NC as well.) Owned performance cars before? What about Mustangs? I ask these questions so I can better provide advice.

Good local shops based on forum recommendations and local reviews from car people I have talked to. I haven't used them though as my friends and I tend to do all the mods at our houses. haha

Fastlane Motorsports in the Raleigh area
1. Pro Dyno in the Charlotte area
2. National Speed in the Wilmington area (Had a college friend work here and I know they do crazy builds and tuning.)
3. Pettys Garage (While I am not sure of them just yet I know they are turning out some nasty Mustangs with their Ford official contract. They are kinda like Roush, Saleen, and the like taking normal Mustangs and adding their styling and performance to them then branding them and selling them through Ford/Dealers. I have been to their shop and toured it and know some of them and they are all super nice, but I am just not sure of it all just yet. If I were going to do something big I would def consider them, but their price would have to be better than Pro Dyno (who I think would be my first choice) in order for me to really consider.)

As far as performance oriented dealers I will be glad to provide info if I have one in your area. Yes some dealers are better than others for modded cars and when warranties come into the same area of play.

Another thought is if you are ever going to resale it modding it will KILL the value! Just a thought...

Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangLife View Post
Dang I just welcomed you to the forum and sounds like you just got a GT350R. Are you already ready to tune it and mess with it? This is just my opinion, but enjoy the car for what it is for a bit. I owned a 2013 Boss 302 and it is an amazing car as well. Because of owning that I had many dealers in the past 6 moths invite me to test drive GT350's. So I have driven the GT350 and it is just amazing, sounds amazing, and drives amazing. I bet the GT350R is even better. I have and am kinda still am considering buying a GT350. Used prices are what I would be able to justify, but I can't convince myself to buy used and NEW prices are hard to justify as that is getting into Porsche territory. So I keep saying if I am spending that much on a car it is going to be a Porsche! haha

So a little about you. What part of NC? (I am in NC as well.) Owned performance cars before? What about Mustangs? I ask these questions so I can better provide advice.

Good local shops based on forum recommendations and local reviews from car people I have talked to. I haven't used them though as my friends and I tend to do all the mods at our houses. haha

Fastlane Motorsports in the Raleigh area
1. Pro Dyno in the Charlotte area
2. National Speed in the Wilmington area (Had a college friend work here and I know they do crazy builds and tuning.)
3. Pettys Garage (While I am not sure of them just yet I know they are turning out some nasty Mustangs with their Ford official contract. They are kinda like Roush, Saleen, and the like taking normal Mustangs and adding their styling and performance to them then branding them and selling them through Ford/Dealers. I have been to their shop and toured it and know some of them and they are all super nice, but I am just not sure of it all just yet. If I were going to do something big I would def consider them, but their price would have to be better than Pro Dyno (who I think would be my first choice) in order for me to really consider.)

As far as performance oriented dealers I will be glad to provide info if I have one in your area. Yes some dealers are better than others for modded cars and when warranties come into the same area of play.

Another thought is if you are ever going to resale it modding it will KILL the value! Just a thought...
Hey brother, excellent questions and advice. So first, I live in the triad area between Winston Salem and Statesville; work in Charlotte. I did just buy a new 350R and absolutely LOVE IT. As far as messing with it goes, I'm not ready but want to have all my ducks in a row and know the facts of who/what/where. Upfront at least, I could see dyno tuning/tweaking whats there vs something like super charging.

I've had a number of performance cars over the years. Ironically though, I've been a Ford man most of my life and have never owned a Mustang... My current ride is a Platinum Super Duty and a Focus Sel for the commute into work. Both the truck and the Cobra just sit in the garage mostly. I had the same thought about the Porsche and heavily considered one over the last two years. However, because I like to do most of my stuff and I love the Ford economy (and America lol) I bought the cobra. I figure I'll be the guy who bought it new and passed it down to the kid when I'm too old to drive it lol. Where are you located?

2018 Shelby Cobra GT350R
@maddlag on IG

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Hey brother, excellent questions and advice. So first, I live in the triad area between Winston Salem and Statesville; work in Charlotte. I did just buy a new 350R and absolutely LOVE IT. As far as messing with it goes, I'm not ready but want to have all my ducks in a row and know the facts of who/what/where. Upfront at least, I could see dyno tuning/tweaking whats there vs something like super charging.

I've had a number of performance cars over the years. Ironically though, I've been a Ford man most of my life and have never owned a Mustang... My current ride is a Platinum Super Duty and a Focus Sel for the commute into work. Both the truck and the Cobra just sit in the garage mostly. I had the same thought about the Porsche and heavily considered one over the last two years. However, because I like to do most of my stuff and I love the Ford economy (and America lol) I bought the cobra. I figure I'll be the guy who bought it new and passed it down to the kid when I'm too old to drive it lol. Where are you located?
Not to far from you actually as I am in Greensboro. Small world right? haha Depends which you live closer to determine how close we are I suppose. haha Anyway where you pick up your GT350R from? If you don't mind me asking you get a good deal on it? Most of the GT350's are now at MSRP, but the GT350R's seem to still have anywhere from a 10-30K markup depending on the dealer which to me markups are just a crazy concept. haha

Yeah if you never plan to sell do what makes you happy for sure! If you truly pass down that will be one lucky kid for sure!! haha

Look forward to discussion and helping in any way I can. Heck maybe we will see each other around. I might hit you up with GT350 questions on your thoughts in a week or so if I don't pull the trigger on something and still considering one. I like Ford as I am sure you can tell from my signature as I have had lots of Mustangs which is what holds me back from a Corvette, Porsche, GT-R, and the like and keeps me considering Mustangs pretty hard. haha Just my problem is a GT Premium with a few options MSRP's for 47K and sell for around $42K (a deal I have worked at the moment and considering.) That to me is just a lot of money for a Mustang GT. If it was 42K or around that for a specialty Mustang like the GT350, GT500's (used to be this price), or like that then sure much easier to justify the purchase, but on a regular GT???? That same GT will lose big time in the first 5 years to a chime of I estimate down to 20K so a 22K loss over 5 years is A LOT!!! haha

(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9.)
2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT (I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Not to far from you actually as I am in Greensboro. Small world right? haha Depends which you live closer to determine how close we are I suppose. haha Anyway where you pick up your GT350R from? If you don't mind me asking you get a good deal on it? Most of the GT350's are now at MSRP, but the GT350R's seem to still have anywhere from a 10-30K markup depending on the dealer which to me markups are just a crazy concept. haha

Yeah if you never plan to sell do what makes you happy for sure! If you truly pass down that will be one lucky kid for sure!! haha

Look forward to discussion and helping in any way I can. Heck maybe we will see each other around. I might hit you up with GT350 questions on your thoughts in a week or so if I don't pull the trigger on something and still considering one. I like Ford as I am sure you can tell from my signature as I have had lots of Mustangs which is what holds me back from a Corvette, Porsche, GT-R, and the like and keeps me considering Mustangs pretty hard. haha Just my problem is a GT Premium with a few options MSRP's for 47K and sell for around $42K (a deal I have worked at the moment and considering.) That to me is just a lot of money for a Mustang GT. If it was 42K or around that for a specialty Mustang like the GT350, GT500's (used to be this price), or like that then sure much easier to justify the purchase, but on a regular GT???? That same GT will lose big time in the first 5 years to a chime of I estimate down to 20K so a 22K loss over 5 years is A LOT!!! haha
Ok you are close. Iím in Mocksville and bought mine at Green ford in Greensboro lol. For an R, I thought it was a decent deal compared to some I saw. Paid about 15k over sticker. No one budges on these and itís getting worse everyday. Iíve been trying to snag one for two years. Yea loaded GTís have some nice options though. More so that the cobra anyway. Yea we should def meet up sometime. There are plenty of twisty roads around here.

2018 Shelby Cobra GT350R
@maddlag on IG
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Ok you are close. Iím in Mocksville and bought mine at Green ford in Greensboro lol. For an R, I thought it was a decent deal compared to some I saw. Paid about 15k over sticker. No one budges on these and itís getting worse everyday. Iíve been trying to snag one for two years. Yea loaded GTís have some nice options though. More so that the cobra anyway. Yea we should def meet up sometime. There are plenty of twisty roads around here.
Wow Did you buy the black one they had? haha I saw it on Monday or Tuesday this week in the showroom while I was there. That black whit the stripes looked amazing and it is pretty unique I think as I haven't seen another like it. I was asking about if they ever got the 30K markup they had on it. My sales guy said on the R they don't get the full markup, but do get some and on the non R they were still getting close to the 5K, but that they hadn't had one in a while. The non R's are going for MSRP now and I actually found one listed under MSRP this past week. Not going to lye I perked my interest, but I come from a 2013 Boss 302 I do want some comfort features now so if I get a GT350 I want it to have the I think technology package as that gets the heated/cooled seats, big screen, and almost the same options as a well option GT premium has. That is funny you bought it there what day you buy? Does yours have the heated and cooled seats or are they cloth? I didn't pay it much attention while I was there. I should have and normally would have, but wasn't there long as they didn't have any GT's to really look at that fit my want list. ha

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Wow Did you buy the black one they had? haha I saw it on Monday or Tuesday this week in the showroom while I was there. That black whit the stripes looked amazing and it is pretty unique I think as I haven't seen another like it. I was asking about if they ever got the 30K markup they had on it. My sales guy said on the R they don't get the full markup, but do get some and on the non R they were still getting close to the 5K, but that they hadn't had one in a while. The non R's are going for MSRP now and I actually found one listed under MSRP this past week. Not going to lye I perked my interest, but I come from a 2013 Boss 302 I do want some comfort features now so if I get a GT350 I want it to have the I think technology package as that gets the heated/cooled seats, big screen, and almost the same options as a well option GT premium has. That is funny you bought it there what day you buy? Does yours have the heated and cooled seats or are they cloth? I didn't pay it much attention while I was there. I should have and normally would have, but wasn't there long as they didn't have any GT's to really look at that fit my want list. ha
I bought the white with black stripes; red accents. Iíve not seen another but after laying my eyes on it I felt it was the best combo. It was loaded out for available options. Recaro suede race seats donít have the heated/cooled seats

Itís ok though I love it. That black one was nice too and identical in options.

2018 Shelby Cobra GT350R
@maddlag on IG
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie

Oh I bought it about 3 weeks ago!

2018 Shelby Cobra GT350R
@maddlag on IG
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018
SENIOR AFM MEMBER
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
I bought the white with black stripes; red accents. Iíve not seen another but after laying my eyes on it I felt it was the best combo. It was loaded out for available options. Recaro suede race seats donít have the heated/cooled seats

Itís ok though I love it. That black one was nice too and identical in options.
Yeah I know I wish the Recaro seats were at least heated if not cooled as well. Even the leather Recaro seats aren't either as well.

Quote:
Oh I bought it about 3 weeks ago!
Ahh that makes sense.

Rookie

I have my car tuned at Fastlane Motorsports in Benson NC... A class A operation. They know performance and do quality work....
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
People travel far/wide to have a Pro-Dyno tune by Dan DeSio in Fortmill SC.

They can take care of all your performance needs. Heís a great guy & even lets you stand around and pick his brain about the whats & whyfors.

2014 Black GT Premium w/Track Pack - 401A - (Apocalypse)
2018 Black Nissan 370Z Nismo - (Lucille-2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page