1996 mustang cobra with 3000 miles - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dana W
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
06svtcobra's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
 
1996 mustang cobra with 3000 miles

good morning, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, however my father has a black 96 svt cobra mustang coupe 5 speed with 3919 actual miles. he is interested in selling it and put me in charge. I am having a hard time placing a value on it. I have yet to find another 96 with comparable mileage. car is in excellent shape. any thoughts? thank you so much for any input and wish me luck
Dana

06svtcobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
kenv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Levittown
Posts: 13,040
                     
Kelly blue book has the value at $8676 private party sale, in excellent condition. You can look it up at kbb.com, then go to "my car`s value"


2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
kenv is online now  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
Dana W's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Oviedo FLA
Posts: 2,002
 
Do we wanna look at this thread first?

To KBB, and NADA it's only an OLD used car, and that's all that matters.

I doubt if changing the year to 2000 and the mileage to 600 would make a 40K difference to either of those sites.


130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
Dana W is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
06svtcobra's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
Do we wanna look at this thread first?

To KBB, and NADA it's only an OLD used car, and that's all that matters.

I doubt if changing the year to 2000 and the mileage to 600 would make a 40K difference to either of those sites.
yeah thanks guys, I agree I didn't consider even looking at kbb being that its a 22 year old car with 3000 miles on it. im having a hard time placing a true value on it being that im having a hard time finding a comparable mileage cobra.
06svtcobra is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
Dana W's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Oviedo FLA
Posts: 2,002
 
Here, Hagerty says it's average value is $13,000.00, according to their website evaluation program. It may be worth actually getting Hagerty to appraise it officially, but I bet they don't do it for free. The website doesn't even ask about mileage. It could go for a couple grand more than that 13k since it only has 3000 miles on the clock and it's the first year for the 4.6 2 valve modular engine. Don't sell the car short. The link doesn't seem to want to work so I will include a screenshot of their results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hagerty.png
Views:	70
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	598130  
Old Goat Ninja and 06svtcobra like this.


130 total pounds of Pitbull ruled by 8 pounds of cat.
Dana W is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018 Thread Starter
Rookie
 
06svtcobra's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana W View Post
Here, Hagerty says it's average value is $13,000.00, according to their website evaluation program. It may be worth actually getting Hagerty to appraise it officially, but I bet they don't do it for free. The website doesn't even ask about mileage. It could go for a couple grand more than that 13k since it only has 3000 miles on the clock and it's the first year for the 4.6 2 valve modular engine. Don't sell the car short. The link doesn't seem to want to work so I will include a screenshot of their results.
thank you, I have reached out to a few local ford dealerships and have had some interest in them adding it to their collection. gotta get it out of its 20 year storage slumber and clean it up now. ive had an outside offer of 15. I turned it down.. I just wish it was another 10 or 15 years from now....
06svtcobra is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 9 Hours Ago
Rookie
 
1996CobraGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2019
Location: Langhorne
Posts: 3
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
Kelly blue book has the value at $8676 private party sale, in excellent condition. You can look it up at kbb.com, then go to "my car`s value"
Can't go by those sites when we are talking about one like my 96 Cobra Show Car that has a million upgrades new paint and the like. I wouldn't consider anything less than $10000
1996CobraGuy is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 49 Minutes Ago
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
kenv's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Levittown
Posts: 13,040
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996CobraGuy View Post
Can't go by those sites when we are talking about one like my 96 Cobra Show Car that has a million upgrades new paint and the like. I wouldn't consider anything less than $10000
Of course there`s exceptions to every rule. I was recently offered $20,000 for my Mustang & turned it down. It only has 2,046 miles on it.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
kenv is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1