Wheels? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Wheels?

I spent 26 years in the military. I was trained to make decisions. One of my best attributes is processing information, determining the pros, cons, possible outcomes, assessing risk and making a decision.

I am unable to do that when it comes to cars.

1997 Rio Red Cobra Convertible.

Wheels:

I really prefer the look and finish of factory wheels over aftermarket in most cases.

I like what American Muscle offers, but I dont like that I cant use oem center caps. So thats a pretty much a deal breaker for me.

Im looking at a set of 04 Cobra chrome wheels, 17x9 +26 with 275-40-17s for $750. Like new condition. My concern is that the 17x9 and 245-40 will be to wide on the front and stick out past the fender.

Im also looking at a set of 2018 low gloss black with machined face, rims only, for $440. The concern there is the spacers, I had spacers on the rear of my 94, no problems, but Im not thrilled with having them on the car. Also the 8in wide wheel limits rear tire size to the 245-40. I think the offset is +40, which only requires a small spacer on the front and I would do a 1.5in on the rear.

I like them both, maybe the low gloss black a little better because its different, but the chrome probably looks better on Rio Red.

Opinions?

Over the hill and picking up speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018
PONY Member

To me wheels are a thing of form follows function. I use the ones that fit properly and work the best and don't care about looks. I don't see them when driving anyways. :-P

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018
PONY Member

Have you looked at LMR? I'm not sure if it's true for all SVE wheels, but my co-worker has black SVE wheels on his 2014, and is able to use OEM center caps on them. Not sure if that's true for all SVE wheels or not.

2014 Mustang GT Premium 401a; "Now you can add Premium to your signature." - Thereaper

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Im going with the 04 Cobra wheels. I love the look of the low gloss black, but I prefer the chrome. Im from the chrome era.

Over the hill and picking up speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page