Extended warranty paid off - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Extended warranty paid off

So as the title says o bought my cobra from a Ford dealer and bought the aftermarket warrant... 3 weeks later the gears are whining they covered the repairs and the dealer threw in 3.73 gears at no extra charge so I paid 100$ for the deductible to have 3.73s installed and a rental car total dealer repair and rental cost was over 1900

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

you don't think their cost was anywhere near that do you? Try maybe 250 and you paid 100, so they were maybe out 150 bucks...I guess we all need something to believe in and if my brand new car already needed a warranty repair it would remind me why I drive an Infiniti....140K with ZERO repairs, sans one starter

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
gears are like $150 install rate at a non ripoff shop you will pay like $200 rental car is like $100 a weekend.

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

well also the "extended warranty" doesn't pay off until the base warranty expires, so Ford is still up big money on you...probably a good idea to have it, those cars are laden with problems
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
PONY Member

how long is extended?

when we got ours they tried to sell it to us 1500 for 36k..i laughed..like dude thats a year the way we drive

we got a 70k for 1500 bucks..our head went at 60k...it paid off 1 time

i recall a company that kept calling back to get another warrenty..once i told them what miles i had ,,phone went click
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Wink

Oh I know it doesn't cost them anywhere near that. The lowest shop quote I got was delk performance and that was 450-550 (said the IRS has to come out of the car and much bigger job than SRA. Parts would run 250 so I know it would have been 1k$ but the idea that it only cost me 100$ out of pocket is nice and the wife didn't kill me... Besides it gave me an excuse to get an SCT tuner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page