I lost my 96 Cobra Vert this month...Pics Beware! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

I lost my 96 Cobra Vert this month...Pics Beware!

Hey everyone, my cobra was taken from me on the 1st of July by a "out of control" dump truck. Its front tire blew out while driving the opposite direction of me and steered directly head on. It could of been soo much worse! The tire pop noise got my attention enough to attempt to swerve to the shoulder, almost made it...

He struck me on driver side fender and came all the way down the driver side of the car. Totalling the car

Last edited by brad2185; 07-30-2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: i moved pics on accident
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014
Rookie

sad to hear. What do you plan on doing with the car? Hope insurance helps cover/replace it.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014
Administrator
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Pictures were gone when I tried to look but none the less that sucks. Like you said consider yourself lucky it could have been much worse, sorry about your ride.

Engine mods - all stock, trust me, wanna run??!!!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014
Apprentice

Angry

I came here expecting pictures!

Anyways, my condolences.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014
Global Moderator
Mustang II Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal
You can go to his photobucket and see the pics,i did.
Sorry that it happened to your car,but glad you were not hurt.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks fellas for the kind words. Insurance did pay me a nice chunk and I still have the car in the shop on the lift.

Im debating on getting it fixed or buy this mystic roller and swap my engine and drivetrain?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggar View Post
I came here expecting pictures!

Anyways, my condolences.
Sorry, Pics are back now
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014
PONY Member

Garage
Well it's a good thing you came out safe and the internals did too. I wouldn't get rid of the engine and trans. I would get another one and have fun at the track and live a little with another engine and trans In reserve. But that's just me. Sad loss either way.

His -1996 GT- Steeda underdrive pulleys, SR CAI, SR intake spacer, SR adjustable clutch kit, SPEC stage 1 clutch, RAM steel billet flywheel,magnaflow cat back with pipes cut off after muffles( love the sound), Tokhico rear shocks, Tokhico front struts, Smoked Cobra style headlights & white tail lights for good looks.- nickname = Rolling Thunder

Hers - 1998 v6 convertible - dual exhaust, SR CAI nickname = sexy thang
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014
PONY Member

From the pics its hard to tell if it was totaled because it was beyond repair or because the cars value was less then the cost to fix it. I would fix it if it can be done correctly. It would make a nice project if you have the time to do it.

1987 5.0 LX ( sold in 92)
2011 GT/CS Convertible .Electronics package,
Security package,HID headlights,comfort package
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2014 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty310 View Post
Well it's a good thing you came out safe and the internals did too. I wouldn't get rid of the engine and trans. I would get another one and have fun at the track and live a little with another engine and trans In reserve. But that's just me. Sad loss either way.
I was considering a roller. I found a mystic roller and was thinking of using my engine and drivetrain. Its a 96 and all checks out clean. mileage on the roller almost matches the mileage on my convertible. Only bummer is the mystic will need paint work to be perfect...$1400 a gallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife-stanger View Post
From the pics its hard to tell if it was totaled because it was beyond repair or because the cars value was less then the cost to fix it. I would fix it if it can be done correctly. It would make a nice project if you have the time to do it.
The pics really dont do the damage justice. The door jamb and rear quarter panel are destroyed. But, Im sure the damage value exceeded 75% of actual value. Plus I was told the adjuster assumed the rear suspension was bent or damaged because of the impact to the rear wheel bumping the amount higher... Im currently trying to do some measuring to confirm its true and will track straight?
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Mercy, you really are alert & it possibly saved your life. I drive defense all the time & that is why! Glad you are ok.

2012 Candy Red 3.7 Cyclone {RIP}
2014 3.7 Cyclone DIB\BMR rear lca;s\ American Racing razor 18x9\275/40/18 Yokohama S-drives\Boss 302 strut brace\Airaid "tube"& aFe inverted Dry-S drop-in\UPR catch can\Koni sports\J&M cc plates\DSS 3.5" 1 piece
Bassani\BMR adj. panhard\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page