What have you done with/ to your car today? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

What have you done with/ to your car today?

The last forum I participated in had a thread called "What have to done to your car today?" People talked about just what the title implies. Everything from a good wax job to major mods. It was an ongoing thread and, by the time I joined that forum, it was several years old and covered dozens of pages. I see a lot of threads here that could fall under that general heading. I think the Mustang forum should have something like that.
Anyone else?

2006 GT Convertible, Regency Conversion, Satin Silver, Powerstop pads and rotors, Pypes Violators, shiny interior trim bits, alloy/ dead pedals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
Apprentice

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Craeshe
Drove it to the gym.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
MACH I Member
5.0L Member

Last Friday I treated mine to a wax job and got in some karate practice in the process.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Technically, nothing today. Last week, I installed Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates and a Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body. I did some 2010 OE Style Black Wheels 3 weeks ago. Now I am just waiting to install an SLP Line Lock Kit and put my Nitto 305/40 R18 on the car and light'em up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Disney 461.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	629.6 KB
ID:	501874   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Disney 455.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	683.0 KB
ID:	501882   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Disney 456.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	501890   Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Disney 452.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	982.7 KB
ID:	501898  

Airaid Race CAI and SF3 Tuner with 93 Race Tune; Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body Kit; Zex Nitrous Kit (100 shot); Steeda Billet Charge Motion Delete Plates; JTL Oil Separator; J&M Pan-Hard Bar, Lower Control Arms and Adjustable Upper Control Arm; BMR Lowering Springs and Relocation Brackets; Strange Shocks and Struts; GT500 Strut Mounts; Motive 3.90 Gears; Mac Long Tube Headers with Pro Chamber Mid-Pipe and Boom Tubes; Pypes Ceramic Cats; O2 Sensor Raiser Non Foulers.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
PONY Member
S197 Member

Garage
Took mine out for a drive earlier this week. She has been sleeping in the garage since November. Next on the agenda will be an oil change and a good wash and wax.

2007 Saleen S281 3-valve #170
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
PONY Member

Garage
changed out the parking/turn sig light for a smoked out version. cleaned interior
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image_1456491932444.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	501906  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Tuesday I installed a set of factory -style alloy pedals plus a matching dead pedal I got on sale from LMR. The gas and brake pedals were pretty easy. Because the reviews said the 3M tape on the gas pedal was a bit weak I also used epoxy. The dead pedal was a bit more involved. Had to pull the door sill trim, then the kick panel as well as pull up the carpet so I could access a 13 mm bolt to mount the d/p to.
Anyway, it looks great and the d/p makes it more comfortable as well.

2006 GT Convertible, Regency Conversion, Satin Silver, Powerstop pads and rotors, Pypes Violators, shiny interior trim bits, alloy/ dead pedals.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Gonna grease the LCAs tomorrow.
Also mash the gas pedal at least once or twice a day.

08 GT 5spd
Spectra CAI, Comp Cam Detroit Rockers, Kooks headers w/catted H-pipe, Revolution Automotive dyno tuned, FB430 race mufflers, 3.55s, JLT catch can, BMR Lca's and relo brackets. Prothane motor mounts and sway bar bushings.
20% tint, smoked markers and tail lights w/sequentials. Clear front signal covers, series 3 chin spoiler.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016
GT Member

Mine is just sitting in the garage...BUUUT I have these waiting to go in!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cams.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	501914  

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
GT Member

Snow mostly gone here now and streets are mostly dry, so got the stang out last night for first test drive after installing an Exedy Mach 500 clutch, flywheel and SR Performance Braided Stainless Clutch Line.

All went really well. Clutch was quiet, very precise and buttery smooth, . Going to drive the prescribed 500 miles though before hitting it real hard .

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Garage
A nice hand wash... It's the car equivalent to a back massage.

INSTAGRAM --@allen_nightmare5oh
2014 5.0 6R80 - Mods - Bama Tune, Roush Axle Backs. - 1/4 Mile - 12.56 @ 116.8

2005 GT 5-spd - Mods - JLT 3 Intake, Bama 93 Tune, MAC Boomtubes. - 1/4 Mile - 13.28 @106 --- SOLD!!
PONY Member

Garage
Send a message via AIM to night rider
Installed new napa chassis parts ball joint $100. Each guaranteed for life to replace those that where on my new frpp LCA that I bought last year that only lasted 15K km.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1456522676098.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	501922  

Bought New 05 Black GT coupe / TR-3650 / C&L Racer c.a.i / 94 custom race tune / Barton shifter / Exedy Mach 500 clutch / Ram billet steel flywheel / Ford racing stainless steel hard clutch line / 2014 GT500 forged aluminum clutch m.c/ Napa premium grade front l.c.a / Baer slotted cross-drilled front rotors / Roush pedal kit / AutoMeter Digital voltmeter / Compustar Pro 2 way Security system.
GT Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
this week mon/tue drove her to work wed she has been sleeping in the driveway due to the snow storm we had here

Hopfuly I'll get to drive her and clean her up next week (IF it doesn't snow here again)

"ONX PNY"

2009 MUSTANG (45TH Aniversary) premium w/pony package.
AUTO, Leather, IUP, Kenwood DDX393/Speakers
A.M Bullitt wheels W/custom center caps
RAXIOM RETRO'S Black turn signals/Tinted rear bumper lights cobra Roadster hood that's functional and many other mods

Yes I know my user name doesn't match my car color

1966 coupe 289 2V C code factory BENCH/P/S
GT Member
2.3L Member
S197 Member

Garage
drove the stang to work only to have a 5.0 want to run, she held for a few but the 5.0 pulled away (I had to turn). add supercharger, forged rods and pistons to build list. GDI! it never ends but it sure as hell is fun.
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This thread is a good idea. A lot of car/truck/bike sites have similar threads. I`ll insert just one word in the thread title if the OP does not mind, & that word is "with". That will encompass pretty much every interaction you could have with your car. I`ll also make it a sticky.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page