Please help! - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Grimbrand

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rookie

Please help!

1998 Cobra. No tap/rattle on start up. Starts when warm. Mostly between 2 & 3k, under load goes away, deceleration goes away. Mostly heard at cruising rpm and acceleration from a stop going through the gears.

https://youtu.be/LLyoOd4HuuI

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 3 Weeks Ago
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvsvtSN95 View Post
1998 Cobra. No tap/rattle on start up. Starts when warm. Mostly between 2 & 3k, under load goes away, deceleration goes away. Mostly heard at cruising rpm and acceleration from a stop going through the gears.

https://youtu.be/LLyoOd4HuuI
Don't have access to speakers currently at work, but somebody will take a listen shortly and help you out. Welcome to AFM and sorry to welcome you on a issues post, but one of our great members will help you out. By the way this is the correct section to be in to get the help you need by the way!

To help them help you can you tell us about the car. Any mods? How long has issue been going on? Any details you can think of will help!

Current Garage
(11.)2012 GT500 silver with red stripe, SVT performance package, and Recaro seats.
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Past Mustangs in order and color of text.
(1.)2000, (2.)2004, (3.)2006GT/Auto traded for (4.)2006GT/Manual, (5.)1996, (6.)2011GT, (7.)2003GT, (8.)2006GT, (9)2013 Boss 302, and (10.) 2002GT
(I have owned a few non Mustang cars over the years as well, but always try to have a Mustang with it or come quickly back to a Mustang!)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
BOSS Member

Not good...… If I understand correctly you have a tune in the ecm….if so 1st, put it back to stock, clear all codes in the ecm and erase the ecm's memory. If still there...… use either a mechanics stethoscope or long screwdriver placed against your ear to help narrow this down...

:hello:
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
GT Member
Classic Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Grimbrand
What aftermarket parts are you running? *just* the Bama tune?

I have not heard many good things about them. If you're running stock parts, there's nothing about a Bama tune that you want. Even if you do have aftermarket parts, those guys are clueless shysters. They couldn't find a proper tune if you locked them in a room with a marching band, AC/DC and Gwen Stefani, all playing "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

They are far more likely to damage your engine than have any significant beneficial effect.
Beechkid likes this.

I smile a lot. It makes people wonder what I'm up to...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 2 Weeks Ago
Apprentice

Garage
I don't think it has something to do with the tune because a tune doesn't go bad in just one day, but I still recommend that you send to Bama data logs. They may be able to see the cause(s) of the issue through the logs and often it's not tune, but something else that needs to be changed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page