Seafoam - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005 Thread Starter

Seafoam

I was wondering if anyone has used Seafoam in their engine before? If so, how well does it work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Sorry to recomend another site but lot of sea foam talk here:http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...=561567&page=6

New Toy - Custom 92 GT soon to be a turbo beast
DHG 01 Bullitt - JLT, Mac o/r H, MGW, Bama tune, Focus pump, 3.73s, DRs best 1/4 13.50 @ 101 best 1/8 8.53 @ 82
Red/White 88 GT vert (SOLD)
Autumn Orange 97 GT (SOLD)
Black 89 LX best 8.46 1/8 mile (SOLD)
2011 F-150 Supercrew Ecoboost
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012
Apprentice
2.3L Member
5.0L Member

I had a can of Seafoam in my cabinet with all my other chemicals. I just ran 1/3 of a can in the vacuum system of my mustang and let it sit for 5 minutes. Ran the car after and got one huge carbonic smoke show! Put the rest of the can in the gas tank and filled it up. We'll see what improvements I get from idle, etc...

I've used Seafoam for years and never had issue with it. I am switching to the STP version of Seafoam for my vehicles to see how well it works. It is supposed to work a heckuva lot better than Seafoam. I'll be the guinea pig and try it out then post results.

Spend your money once and get what you need. Do not cut corners and try to save a buck. It will cost you MORE to fix the problems caused.

Don't just hack into your Mustang to cut out weight to make it faster (some of those components are important to the overall function and safety of your Mustang).

Knowledge equates to power and handing... get to know what works and use it! Sometimes the popular MOD of the moment may NOT be best... ignore "fads"!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012
Apprentice

Some people say it works wonders. Some people say it's a waste of money. Personally, I've had mixed results, but mainly nothing.

Putting it through the air intake system never really did anything but create a bunch of smoke. I never noticed any performance improvements. I was more afraid of fouling spark plugs than anything else.

Putting it in the crank case, driving it for a while, and then immediately changing the oil only seems beneficial if you're using crap oil. I suppose this would be a good idea if you're putting it into a vehicle that has sludge buildup, or has been neglected. If you change your oil regularly and use synthetic, it seems like a waste here too.

The only other place I would consider putting seafoam is in the fuel. I don't see any harm in it as a fuel additive, and it would help stabilize if you got a bad batch of gas in the tank, but then again, so would sta-bil or dry-gas.

MY STABLE
-----------------------------------------
1999 4.6L Supercharged Cobra Convertible 5 Speed - 4.10 Gears - Tuned - 410 wrhp
1999 3.8L V6 Mustang Convertible Stock Automatic (Daily Driver)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012
Banned
4.6L Member

goodness a Zombie thread...from 2005? C'mon how are these even on the servers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page