Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil above the spark plug in #6 & 7 1997 Cobra Vert

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Snake Pliskin 
#1 ·
While changing the coil packs, spark plugs and spark plug wires on my recently purchased 1997 Cobra Convertible today, I noticed oil above the spark plugs in cylinders #6 & #7 (on the driver's side). The plugs, coil packs and plug wires appear to be original (the wires have 1997 printed on them). The plugs did not appear oil fouled. I'm thinking that this may be a head or valve cover gasket issue - but I'm very greeen to understanding the 4.6, 4Vmotor.

Should I be worried? Have any of you had this happen to you? If yes, what did you do to correct the problem?

Also, I removed the stock strut tower brace to gain access to a few of the plugs using my 3/8 10 inch extension. Is there a way I could have avoided this using different tools?

I'm hoping my issue isn't a real expensive fix, but I'm committed to my new Cobra - so it will need to be taken care of.

Another question - anyone out there with the FIPK (K&N) for the 97 Cobra? I'm also in the process of installing it, too. It seems like a good addition, but I'd love to hear about your experience.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.