Windstar Intake Swap Questions? Look Here - Page 6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

im just trying to figure out how you reinstall the egr. not really seeing many options as it has a cast leg going down to the front of the lower intake

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStang80 View Post
im just trying to figure out how you reinstall the egr. not really seeing many options as it has a cast leg going down to the front of the lower intake
You get the cast piece from the Windstar, if you don't it won't be low enough to clear intake

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
coming soon: blower cam and intercooled M112
dealer for Ortiz Performance; tunes, cams, etc. PM me!
Apprentice

huh...well that is something i did not know...so you need the egr valve off of the windstar. thats actually is rather simple.

SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

not the valve, the bracket that it sits on

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
BOSS Member
V6 Member

Quote:
huh...well that is something i did not know...so you need the egr valve off of the windstar. thats actually is rather simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstang690 View Post
not the valve, the bracket that it sits on
That's what I thought we were talking about, my bad for not being clear, when you said cast piece it sits on I just assumed you would know what I'm talking about, sorry blackstang80

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
post #81 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
It should be in the write-up, part number and everything. It is available new.

The heater tube is not exactly working out for me either, but I don't have the time to bend up a pipe, and its not too bad.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)
Apprentice

i wasnt sure if it actually used a cast leg or not. for some reason i cant open the write up, well i cant get the photos to load. I'll have to see if i can find one.
BOSS Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i wasnt sure if it actually used a cast leg or not. for some reason i cant open the write up, well i cant get the photos to load. I'll have to see if i can find one.
F68Z-9H474-A here is the part number, i'm sending you a pm with the right up in it, unfortunantly the pictures don't show up in the pm but the instructions will all be there

MACH I Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Windstar intake torque specs and tightening sequence

Grabbed these from the Chiltons while at the parts store.

Rookie
4.6L Member

I just ordered that egr piece from Ford Parts - Silver State Ford Parts. Seems like they had them in stock. I'll see how long it takes to get here. Any ford parts supplier should have the part number it seems
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Guys,

I had a problem with my VAP Windstar fitting properly. The intake was making a really loud noise, and my hood would not close because it was hitting the TB. The guys at Cisco Built Rides in Raleigh NC spent a lot of time figuring out what was going on.

The TB spring was pushing against the V spacer which caused the TB not to seal properly and raised it just enough so the hood would not close. So they ground down the V spacer just a little which allowed the TB to seal and settle properly to stop the LOUD whistling sound and allowed the hood to close. I have read where a lot of people have had problems with the loud noise, maybe this can help resolve some of their issues.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Hallie/Downloads/Picture%20037.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 035.jpg
Views:	644
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	127998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 036.jpg
Views:	587
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	127999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 037.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	128000  

1999 Black V6 Mustang
GO -- Cam, GSS Lower Intake, VAP Upper Intake, UD Pulley, 8.8 Rear-End 3.27 Gears, Cat Back Exhaust, Power Solutions Inc/SCT Dyno Tune.
Show -- 17in Cragar Wheels, Rear Window Louvers, Halo Head Lights
2011 Sterling Metallic Gray
Pony Package, Saddle Leather Interior, Electronics Package, Glass Roof, and Quarter Window Louvers
BOSS Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99OneHorse View Post
Guys,

I had a problem with my VAP Windstar fitting properly. The intake was making a really loud noise, and my hood would not close because it was hitting the TB. The guys at Cisco Built Rides in Raleigh NC spent a lot of time figuring out what was going on.

The TB spring was pushing against the V spacer which caused the TB not to seal properly and raised it just enough so the hood would not close. So they ground down the V spacer just a little which allowed the TB to seal and settle properly to stop the LOUD whistling sound and allowed the hood to close. I have read where a lot of people have had problems with the loud noise, maybe this can help resolve some of their issues.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Hallie/Downloads/Picture%20037.jpg[/IMG]
My spacer came milled already on all the sides, that was a while back, maybe he accidentally sent you out an old design that he had laying around

Rookie
5.0L Member

does this set up work on a 97 V6?
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

no, you must replace the heads and intake with split port heads and intakes

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
Apprentice

this is an awesome swap and the write up was very detailed nice job just got one question. What is the exact name of the intake part itself and where can you find it? i know its off of the windstar minivan but whenever i search i get this(below) am i searching the wrong thing?

Go: Divorced dual exhaust super 44s with magnaflow tips, Windstar Intake, Ported and Polished to heads, Short-Shifter, more to come...
Show: Red racing Vinyls, Red side Vinyls, Sport Pedals, custom shifter knob. Chrome 17 in. FR-500 Rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page