2003 Mustang V6 Fog Light Installation - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2003 Mustang V6 Fog Light Installation

I am working on installing fog lights on my 2003 V6 but before i tackled the project i was trying to get all my information together. I was thinking i would need a wiring harness, a new dash button, electronic relay, and of course the lamps themselves and their install hardware. I got a hold of a friend of mine at a local salvage yard to see if he had any of the components i needed and he told me that he looked at a 2004 v6 and it already had a harness installed from the factory. How would i check to see if mine also came equipted with this harness? If i do indeed have one, what else should i need to complete my project? Thanks in advance you guys always have the answers i need!

K&N CAI, Pypes X Mid Pipe w/ High Flow Cats, Flowmaster Catback Exhaust w/ 50 series mufflers, Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluseries2 View Post
I am working on installing fog lights on my 2003 V6 but before i tackled the project i was trying to get all my information together. I was thinking i would need a wiring harness, a new dash button, electronic relay, and of course the lamps themselves and their install hardware. I got a hold of a friend of mine at a local salvage yard to see if he had any of the components i needed and he told me that he looked at a 2004 v6 and it already had a harness installed from the factory. How would i check to see if mine also came equipted with this harness? If i do indeed have one, what else should i need to complete my project? Thanks in advance you guys always have the answers i need!
your car should have the harness already. you just need to get the fog lights/mounts and a switch.

91 mustang coupe: 331 stroker, jr heads, Vic intake, 292h cam, Holley hp carb, bottle fed, 5 lug disc swap, prostars, built rear with 4.56 gears, etc...
97 mustang 3.8: stock daily driver
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011
Rookie

03 v6 mustang

ok so different people keep telling me different things, i bought fog lights w the brackets for my car and I i want to know if the wiring already hooked up and all I have to do is plug the fog lights in and mount them:kooky:????

Voltron :kooky:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

no the wiring is not already in place.. the only wiring that is in the car that is related to the foglights is the main harness inside the cabin of the car (where the switch goes under your radio) the other end of the wiring is not in place you need to make it yourself or buy a harness

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
fog , harness , installation , light

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page