Check Engine Light came on..... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

Check Engine Light came on.....

This past week, my check engine light has decided to come on, so i took it to my mechanic to see what the problem was. He told me that it had something to do with the cats. However, the exhaust system that i have said that it might require o2 sensors. could this be the problem?

1999 Mustang v6 convertible - Sold
2003 Mustang GT Koni STR.T & Vogtland springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010
PONY Member

He didn't have a scanner to tell you what your codes were did he? Have your codes read and that will give you some direction to what caused the light to come on. It takes out a lot of guess work and money just throwing parts at it.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010
Rookie

Ist slow when you are about to run?
If it is
the cat´s are allready done
you may have to replace it

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member

i took it back to the mechanic, and he said that it was something with the cats, but he got the light to go off, so it's all good

1999 Mustang v6 convertible - Sold
2003 Mustang GT Koni STR.T & Vogtland springs
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010
Rookie

I have a problem with my 02 v6 it studders up hill.i changed the fuel filter and plugs but it didnt help.i took it to auto zone and the code reads p0316.could anyone help me with this please it would be very appreciated
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarudy930 View Post
This past week, my check engine light has decided to come on, so i took it to my mechanic to see what the problem was. He told me that it had something to do with the cats. However, the exhaust system that i have said that it might require o2 sensors. could this be the problem?
What you talk to your exhaust system? I'm confused.

Did you dump the throttle and get the code? usually a dyno and tune can fix that, normally caused by a slightly rich mixture passing through the cat's and not being converted properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidie316 View Post
I have a problem with my 02 v6 it studders up hill.i changed the fuel filter and plugs but it didnt help.i took it to auto zone and the code reads p0316.could anyone help me with this please it would be very appreciated

They should have told you what the code meant. Google it if they didn't (which I don't believe cause they should not only have pulled the code but looked it up for you and told you what the issue was.)

You can rule the straights but I'll tear up the turns.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidie316 View Post
P0316 is a misfire under 1000rpm's. When you changed the plugs, did you change the wires? If not, I would do that as well. They get old and worn out and the car will miss under load. The plugs will not fire the additional gas supplied if it is not getting a good signal......

Also clean your mass air sensor with electronic parts cleaner.......

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
cats , check engine light , o2 sensors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page