engine misfire 2001 v6 Mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

engine misfire 2001 v6 Mustang

i need help! mustang v6 2001 ,washed off motor at car wash... started to jerk and run horriable. service engine soon light came on so i had the code checked , was engine misfire code, i replaced plugs and wires ,it needed it anyway,light went off and ran good at first now the light is back on and running really bad........coil pack??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2010
Rookie

I am having a very similar issue with mine. I did the same thing and the codes cleared. Then it came back with a P0301, P0305, and P0316. That is a misfire on cylinder 1 and 5 and a misfire on start up. Then all of a sudden I lost all power when I was on the highway. I had it floored and watched the RPMs just drop. I had to work the past three days and haven't had a chance to check it. I am thinking that either the catalytic converters are clogged or the sock filter on the fuel pump. I will keep you updated with my problem but you may want to check those possible causes.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

at hepburn , may also try your crank sensor if its not the coil pack thats where im going next , mine is showing p0301, misfire cylinder 1,probable cause, plugs wires....coil.....vacuum leak.......injector fault ( i hope not!!)
high or low fuel pressure..... im positive its electric, im going to test the coil pack tommorow, see if its working ok i guess,......my engine is clean as whistle its just not running right anymore!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010
Rookie

I was also reading somewhere else that if the intake is plastic that it could have a crack it in and that could be the issue. I was reading a few other posts on here that stated that and it is a common problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page