no codes bad acceleration - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

no codes bad acceleration

Havent been able to figure this out at all hoping someone on here can help.
2002 mustang 3.8 manual.
It starts first time every time and idles just fine.
The only code its thrown was egr related I changed the pressure sensor and that was fixed. When I rev it from idle it stumbles bad.
If I give it light throttle then rev it up it seems fine.
Drive is horrible I cant give it more than about 1/2 throttle and I have to slowly work up to that. I can still drive it but I cant accelerate without a lot of hesitation. Changed plugs and wires all filters cleaned maf. with no codes to go off of im not sure what else to do. I thought possible coil issue but I tested it with an ohm meter and all the ports are showing in spec. any ideas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010
PONY Member

Sound like you may have left a vacum open when you did the EGR replacement. If there is any leak behind the naf you will have very weak accelleration.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

This all happened over a year ago. Its my sisters car so not sure what exactly happend but she said she was driving it and it was fine then when she started it one day this happened. Thats when I changed all the plugs and did everything else. which seemed to help a bit but still drives like crap. Vacuum also usually effects idle this thing has no problems with idle and vacuum readings are all good as well. only seems to have problems under load.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page