Installed Ford Trac Lok - Nice Improvement - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Installed Ford Trac Lok - Nice Improvement

Ok guys, writing this because I like to see posts when guys actually do the modification and have actual experience with the outcome. That way, people know what to expect. I installed a new track lok into my 7.5 rear diff. The only real issue I had during the install was getting the posi unit back in with the shims and races. They fit tightly and were difficult. The ring gear took some persuasion to get off since it presses on and off. Make sure you get the shims back in on the right side so you do not mess up your backlash. It took several miles of driving before the clutch shudder stopped. The oil had to work its way into the clutch pack. I did figure eights in a parking lot slowly to help work it in. The difference driving is great especially in wet weather. It is so much easier to accelerate and not break the rear end loose. My car was a nightmare in the rain when it was wet out because the open diff would sit and spin. Now, it hooks pretty well. It will leave parallel tracks when it is dry and seems to lock up both wheels nicely. The only downfall I have experienced is in the snow. When it is real slick out, you must be very careful. If the roadway is on a slant and you spin the tires, your rear end will go down hill. Not good on a 4 lane highway when there are cars sitting next to you at the stop light. The rear end does kick out hard going around turns when you get into it a little hard, but if you can control the rear and get it straight, hooks hard after the turn. All in all, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Great Mod. Just hope the clutches hold up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011
PONY Member

thnks for the info about the ford racing t-lok i am about to have one put in on my 2010 v6 mustang on tuesday and i will let everyone know how it goes

2010 Kona Blue Mustang V6 (Traded in For a 2011 Chevy Cruze... Money is just too tight!)

Show - Roush Console Button, Window Tint, Custon Pony Floor Mats, "Mustang" Third Brake Light, Raxiom Mustang Halo Projector Headlights, Parking Light Tint, Aero-Force Gauge with Roush Vent Pod
Go - Ford Racing Dual Exhaust which includes x-pipe and FR500s Racing Mufflers, 93 Race Tune from Bama, Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter, Ford Racing Trak-Lok, Drop in K&N Filter
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-03-2011
PONY Member

Yeah thanks for the input. I too am doin gears and Tlok soon. professionally unfortunately cuz I want to ensure theres no gear whine.I actually saw an ad on craigslist for 373 gears and an install kit for $200.

Go:Pypes mufflers, Custom H-pipe, Fidanza stage 2 clutch,SCT Tuner, American Muscle CAI, BBK 65mm TB, MotoBlue 42% Underdrive Pulley, 17/10.5 (315s) Black Cobras, Strut Tower Brace, Steeda Tri-ax Shifter With Pistol Grip Show:Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Shorty Antenna, Sequential Turn signals, Bullet Pedal Set, Red Bumper Insert, Black Mach 1 Aluminum Louvers, Hood Pins
Beats:Pioneer HU, Alpine 6X9's Type R's(F/R)
UPS: Richmond 3.73 and Differential Cover.
Soon: Rear end rebuild kit and T-lok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page