My exhaust sound.. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

My exhaust sound..

This is for those guys who want ti get a nice sound out of their ride! Spintech Mufflers sound as close to a v8 as you can get.
YouTube - 2002 V6 Mustang Spintech Exhaust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

you've got a taillight out.. lol.... not bad..

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

did I really?? lol never noticed! this is a old video anyway its probably close to two years old which means ive been driving for two years with a taillight out lol...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

yeah inner bulb on the left taillight.. if you run across an angry cop he could bust you for it... also kinda looks like someone tried to tint the reverse light on that side? it looks all black to me..

2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyboy4
surely a cop wouldnt get him for that!!! he's got two more!
btw, great sound! the quality is very surprising too.

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

it must be the lighting of the day i guess you are right it does look like its tinted but i have no tints what so ever on the car...

Thank you very much, i can honestly say, the video isnt even as good as they sound in real life though. There is also zero drone while on the highway as well! And in my opinion the mufflers are relatively cheap. Theyre about 83 bucks per muffler which i cant say is a bad price for the sound. Spintechs customer service is VERY VERY good as well. The guy who i orderded from actually had a pretty long conversation about the car and was genuinely interested in my car. I will definitely be purchasing from them again, and I strongly recommend them to anyone who wants a good sounding car, v6 or v8
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011
Redlyr

Not too bad. A little on the expensive side for each muffler.
+1 to you sir for being different from everyone else with Flowdisasters.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Thank you for the compliments but expensive? I think not. Mufflers around here easily go over 100 bucks a piece!I do love the fact that its different though Many many people have told me that they sound very deep and gurgly and 2 guys actually argued with me that its a v8, but no it is not.

Hows that intake spacer? did you feel a difference? i thought about getting me one of those
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011
BOSS Member
V6 Member

how does it sound up high? is it still pretty deep? it didnt sound like you went past 2 grand

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
coming soon: blower cam and intercooled M112
dealer for Ortiz Performance; tunes, cams, etc. PM me!
Redlyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country24 View Post
Thank you for the compliments but expensive? I think not. Mufflers around here easily go over 100 bucks a piece!I do love the fact that its different though Many many people have told me that they sound very deep and gurgly and 2 guys actually argued with me that its a v8, but no it is not.

Hows that intake spacer? did you feel a difference? i thought about getting me one of those
My Cherry Bomb Extremes were only $50 a each. You can get Thrush welded mufflers for $30 each. It is all relative. Granted, who ever put on the Borla ProXS mufflers on my car before I owned it payed $120 each.

As for the intake spacer, I was skeptical at first. The science and physics were there and the price was right so I figured what the heck. You can definitely feel more low end torque. Above 3,800RPMs the extra bite fades out. The real magic is in the insulating effect it has on the upper intake. Before the spacer, the upper intake would get hot to the touch. Uncomfortably hot. After the spacer the upper intake will get warm but nearly as hot as it was before. A cooler intake means cooler air. Cooler air means more power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page