1999 - 2004 V6 Mustangs - Does Dual Exhaust Sound Good? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

1999 - 2004 V6 Mustangs - Does Dual Exhaust Sound Good?

so i keep hearing different opinions on dual exhaust on 2000-04 mustang v6. does it sound good? i hear they sound good at idle speeds but once you stomp it, it sounds like crap :/ Someone else suggested buying headers and doing exhaust (cat back true duals) does anyone have a video of a v6 mustang with exhaust on it? or can share personal experiences with the exhaust.

thanks a bunch
mikey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member

One thing is for sure, going dual is way better than the single stock exhaust. Check youtube for vids.

Play hard, Rock harder.
2002 Mustang V6, AT
K&N Air Intake/Tokico HP Series Shocks & Struts
Mach 1 Chin Spoiler/Fog Lights
Dual Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow
(That's all folks!)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011
BOSS Member
V6 Member

i have a video of my exhaust (pypes) on youtube lol the one that is purely exhaust has an annoying buzz because i put camera to close lol
YouTube - david053092's Channel
but i have recently heard of a new brand that sounds wonderful for our sixers, its called spintech
YouTube - 2002 V6 Mustang Spintech Exhaust
sounds amazing down low here is a vid of a bit higher rev
YouTube - Spintech 3.8L Overrun
yes it gets worse up high but that is still pretty good for a sixer, and yes i know the second one is an older stang but its about the same as ours but i think ours is a little deeper not to sure about that but since they suck in more air they should put out more too lmao

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
coming soon: blower cam and intercooled M112
dealer for Ortiz Performance; tunes, cams, etc. PM me!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011
Apprentice

99-04 Mustang Exaust

Hello i personally have a 2000 Ford mustang V6 with a Magnaflow catback exaust system. This exaust system makes my v6 sound like a v8 easily. My system has the reverse effect then what you were talking about, when my car idels it just a soft rumble from the exaust, But the second you hit that throttle oh my goodness you would think something just swaped your v6 with a v8.
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Catback System (99-04 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
This is where i got my system from. It all depends on what company you trust the most and what kind of quality the company will send you. Americanmuscle.com i trust because every aftermarket product i have bought i have purchased through AM.com
Magnaflow Cat-Back System - 1999-2004 Mustang
This is the one i saw from hillbank that was cheaper.
(I didnt see this one until a few days ago, i have had mine for 3 years now)
They definetly look a little different setup wise goes. I cant vouche for the hillbank exaust because i havent seen or heard one before but the AM.com definetly a sound you will be looking for.

2000 Ford Mustang- Raxiom tail lights with sequential tail lights
17" Chrome Bullitt Rims with Sumitomo All Season tires
Quarter Panel Louvers
Dual Black Strips from Turks Collision
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport- Silver paint job with black strips everything else is stock
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011
BOSS Member
V6 Member

wow, i heard magnaflow sounds like crap on our sixers, it would be great to be wrong, can we hear your exhaust?

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011
Apprentice

Yeah ill have to throw a video together for it. Give me a few days gotta get the battery back in it and charged up. Living in Illinois its been in my garage for a few months but ill get it up here. Ill throw it on this forum page so check back here in a few and should be good

2000 Ford Mustang- Raxiom tail lights with sequential tail lights
17" Chrome Bullitt Rims with Sumitomo All Season tires
Quarter Panel Louvers
Dual Black Strips from Turks Collision
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport- Silver paint job with black strips everything else is stock
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011
Redlyr

I've never liked Magnaflows on anything personally (well I like Magnapacks on Cobras). They are too bland for my taste.

Your best bet is to go onto YouTube and find what brand sounds the best to you. From there you can buy the mufflers and have a local shop fab them up.
Take a look into Thrush mufflers.
YouTube - 2000 V6 Mustang Exhaust Thrush
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011
Apprentice

i have dual flowmaster 40's on mine and it has a mean growl to it at all rpms, trust me you will not be disappointed in them.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

sweet thanks for the video post, i guess magnaflow is the way to go. @amboyv6 yeah i agree anything would be better than the stock exhaust haha

thanks
BOSS Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeirwin821 View Post
sweet thanks for the video post, i guess magnaflow is the way to go. @amboyv6 yeah i agree anything would be better than the stock exhaust haha

thanks
umm there is no post of a magnaflow video, that was a thrush system from redlyr and i put up mine (pypes) and spintech, i would definently listen to it before you buy it

Redlyr

Magnaflows sound like a fluffy fart.
YouTube - 2000 Mustang V6 with MagnaFlow
Rookie

This is one of my favs....he gets it to chirp in third gear!
YouTube - Mustang V6 mac catback exhaust

BBK Shorty Headers, ASP UD pulley, halo projector headlights, racing pedals, phenolic plenum spacer, CAI, strut tower brace,Spec Stage II Kevlar clutch, Spec steel flywheel...and other stuff to come...
"VH8ers can hate hate hate, mechanics can make fun and laugh behind my back, but given the choice to chose again, I will always choose my Six pack."
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlyr View Post
Magnaflows sound like a fluffy fart.
YouTube - 2000 Mustang V6 with MagnaFlow
Ha Ha! Yeah, That's funny!!
I love my Flowmaster 10 Series. Not for stock v6's maybe.

'97 3.8 Pacific Green
Modified~
1996 SVT COBRA
White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
exhaust v6 mustang

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page