looking for supplier of window regulator relay - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

looking for supplier of window regulator relay

'97...3.8L...V6...
Driver's window won't go down, replaced motor, replaced wiring harness from cab through door, replaced switches, checked fuses...no dice. Checked regulator relay and found component on the circuit board inside the relay broken, circuit board, soldered back on to circuit board, ciruit board is shorted out. This relay is the one that is about 2"x4"x1" and is mounted on the back side of the door panel.

I've had a local Ford dealership do a nationwide dealer search, checked with the Southern Distributor in OK City, and even got a number and checked in with the manufacturer but the part is not available and no longer made. Generic replacement part is not available with Pep Boys, O'Reilly, Auto Zone, Napa, Car Quest. I've been to 7 salvage yards but either the part was already broken or missing.

Are there any after market comparable parts for this that are available anywhere and does anyone know what part or part # and source I can find this at? The original part number just for the relay is F4AB-14B118-AA 1. Motorcraft diagrams and info show the wiring harness for this part and the relay together is 14A200. Replacing with a hand crank is out of the question. I need advice...I know there has to be something I can use to make the window work. I'd settle for a used part if it works but would prefer a source for a new comparable part if possible. I've heard of people replacing hand crank and going electrical so there has to be something I can use.

1997 3.8L V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Part pictures

This is what the part would look like if it helps...

1997 3.8L V6
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

I have one. PM me your email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page