need some assistance.... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
There is more then one file, if you scroll down more you will see other options, did you try those?

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

yupp i have tried them all. my computer also wont let me watch youtube videos or anything. like i said POS. i have tried a few different times and now that its gettin warm out i want to do this and just need to know what to get.

2000 Mustang V6 5 speed
true flowmaster dual exhaust with high-flow cats
8000k bi-xenon HIDs, 5% tint,BBK headers
Diablosport tuner,cowl induction hood
17 inch black rims falcon tires, ebay CAI
underbody/ interior lights
New paint job!
BOSS Member
V6 Member

i took the liberty of downloading the write up and PMed it to you, it wouldn't copy the pictures but all the words are there, hope that helps you some

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
coming soon: blower cam and intercooled M112
dealer for Ortiz Performance; tunes, cams, etc. PM me!

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

thank you!!! this really does not sound too hard to do. will prob do it beginning of summer

2000 Mustang V6 5 speed
true flowmaster dual exhaust with high-flow cats
8000k bi-xenon HIDs, 5% tint,BBK headers
Diablosport tuner,cowl induction hood
17 inch black rims falcon tires, ebay CAI
underbody/ interior lights
New paint job!
BOSS Member
V6 Member

It's worth It to do, the thing u will probably hate the most is the overflow tube took me a while to get it to bend right, that's really the only PITA thing about it, or at least it was for me

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

You may have to trim that pipe as well, the metal coolant lines I'm assuming is what you are talking about.

What hood do you plan on running? Are you going to keep the factory IAC location?

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

BOSS Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerStang View Post
You may have to trim that pipe as well, the metal coolant lines I'm assuming is what you are talking about.

What hood do you plan on running? Are you going to keep the factory IAC location?
yeah thats the one, trimmed it and still had trouble getting it out of the way, not sure why it didn't want to bend the way i was pulling
hey stalker i got a question for ya, i want to put the IAC back on top of the intake now (since i can lol) and not sure what to do with the hole on the bottem where it now goes into it, would it be safe to just cap it off or what and also which way would the IAC point when placed back on top of the manifold, does the big cylinder part of it point towards fire wall or grille? thanks!!

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Do you have the VAP kit? I am partially familiar with it, but do they drill/tap the underside of the intake just to the rear of the throttle body flange? If so, then yeah, you could just cap it.

IAC orientation depends on the valve, if you use the Mustang valve, then it points toward the back/firewall of the car, off the Windstar, it points to the front of the car.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

BOSS Member
V6 Member

yeah i got the vap kit where the IAC goes into underside right behind tb, good so i will find 5/8th cap for that with a clamp

i reused my stock IAC so it just goes to back then that will look better than the other way, thanks man, been wanting to do this for a little while, been having random idle problems (like a couple times a month) and it would make it simpler to rule out leaks if i take away all that tubing crap, oh and also when they blocked off port on top did they shave it or something? if so does that mean i have to get a new intake if i wanted to do this?

i attached some pics so you could see it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	intake.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	124628   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake (side).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	124629  

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Dude, I totally forgot, you are correct, VAP shaves down the mounting boss and then fills the old ports, you are kind of SOL unless you get another intake.

I would hit up Tom (shinerstang), and see if he has an intake, he may even be interested in the one you have.

Oh, and on the cap, I would put some teflon sealant (or tape) on those threads.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

BOSS Member
V6 Member

i thought so beacuse i remembered the tb not having the port up top, oh well i'll just wait til the summer when i'm going up to shiners anyways (signature) and i'll see about replacing it then, not a big deal it just seems like a bunch of unneeded crap there with it that might fail, i'm not looking forward to having to redo everything though, damn it lol
yeah i got some silicone i was going to put in it and clamp it down for an overnight sit but dont have to worry about that now :hihi:
thanks for the info though

at least i should be able to reuse the bbk throttle body now that i bought so long ago and had to remove for kit haha

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Yes you can use the BBK TB, but you need some sort of plate to transition the IAC port, the mustang port is lower then the windstar.

Stay tuned for that as I am doing that right now, if I can get my plate sorted out, I can see about having one made for you.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

BOSS Member
V6 Member

sounds great, thanks a lot!! you trying to use a 65mm on yours?

as to chris sorry for

GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Yes, I bought a BBK unit because my windstar TB with mustang guts is having issues, my throttle keeps sticking and I'm done F'ing with it trying to get it fixed. Plus I wanted to put a bigger TB on it anyways.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works

BOSS Member
V6 Member

i had trouble with throttle stick too even with this dang angled tb spacer, the extension vap had on there for cable was rubing hood even with insulation off, it stuck a decent amount and i almost hit a gt in the rear that would not have been fun

i'm goin to add you as a friend, i check back with you in a couple weeks to see how its coming

by the way when you do put the BBK on there it will be at least 3 times stiffer than the current one on pedal feel, i took me weeks to get use to the gt tb spring when i put this kit on there, the gt one fealt just like the V6

oh and when you do get that done could i ask you about getting me one of those brackets for the top to so i don't have to put extension on the expensive BBK tb for the cables?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page