what to do with my exhaust manifold need help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

what to do with my exhaust manifold need help

hey guys,
i just took my car to the shop to get my headers gasket changed cuz i thought i blew it. turns out i have a crack on the header itself, now the mechanic took it of and the egr pipe also. but due to the egr tube being so old it stripped the splines.
im thinking about just welding the two hole on the exhaust manifold on the passanger side. i know it will throw an code for no egr tube, so what should i do?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011
BOSS Member
V6 Member

the passenger side headers are known to crack like that, the cheapest thing to do is to have the crack welded shut, i don't think age had much to do with the egr nut threads being stripped but anyways, you should be able to have it welded to the bung without any problem getting it back in there, or if you wanted you could have a new one attached to manifold so it can be tightened like normal

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
coming soon: blower cam and intercooled M112
dealer for Ortiz Performance; tunes, cams, etc. PM me!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

yea im planing on getting the manifold welded. and surprisingly the egr tube for 99 mustang and up were stoped being produced about 3 years ago and no ford shop has them anymore!
even my local salvage lots refused to take them of because they say most of the time it strips.
But im guessing ill just have him weld everything for a cheaper fix.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011
BOSS Member
V6 Member

huh thats odd, mine has been taken off and put back on twice while i have had it, it fits right with no problems at all, guess i just got lucky that it didn't strip, to be honest this is the first time i have ever heard of it stripping on someone, and i've been in a lot of exhaust thread lol

BV heads, P&P lower, windstar upper, comp 218/226, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, Xcal2, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, MM LCA's
coming soon: blower cam and intercooled M112
dealer for Ortiz Performance; tunes, cams, etc. PM me!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

yea well what can you do now...
so what do you think i should do just block it off, and clear my cel everytime it comes up for inspections.
or should i just ask the guy to try to weld em back together? so i wont have to worry about emissions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
egr , exhaust , manifold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page