Shock and Struts need to be replaced - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Shock and Struts need to be replaced

I was going to have an aftermarket mod done to my 00' v6 and remembered that my shocks and struts were coming to the end of their lifetime. Any mechanics out there know what new shocks and struts would cost for materials and installation? I dont want anything fancy or performance enhancing. My mustang is more of a show car then a performance mustang. Last price i heard was around $450 just wanted alot more opinions from some people not out to make a quick dollar on a clueless car owner. Like i said i know a fair amount about visual mods but under the car or hood is not my expertise. Thanks in advance allfordmustangs has alot of great members that know alot about mustangs. Site never let me down before. Looking forward to reading some responses

2000 Ford Mustang- Raxiom tail lights with sequential tail lights
17" Chrome Bullitt Rims with Sumitomo All Season tires
Quarter Panel Louvers
Dual Black Strips from Turks Collision
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport- Silver paint job with black strips everything else is stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011
GT Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Ponyboy4
quick look on americanmuscle.com gave me this:

1999-2004 Ford Mustang Shocks, Mustang Struts at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

the Eibach's for $450 look like what you would want...
might want to also look into some lowering springs to go with them. maybe an inch or so..
hope this helps!

2004 40th Anniversary GT - Sonic Blue, Daily Driver, Steeda Short-throw, SR Performance CAI, Magnaflow Magnapack mufflers
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to StalkerStang
If you don't care about their performance, then you might as well go to a local parts store and save some money, no sense spending the coin on Bilsteins or Eibachs when some Gabriels or Monroes will do what you want.

You may consider installing them yourself as well, they are not hard to do with basic hand tools, save yourself a bit of coin there as well.

Jesse Berger
90 LX, Previous 4 cyl.
408W In the Works
TW FAC's, Jay Allen cam, Super Victor

2001 V6 5 Speed Daily Driver
Windstar Intake, Dual Exhuast, CAI, Headers
Best ET: [email protected] mph (on 18's)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerStang View Post
If you don't care about their performance, then you might as well go to a local parts store and save some money, no sense spending the coin on Bilsteins or Eibachs when some Gabriels or Monroes will do what you want.

You may consider installing them yourself as well, they are not hard to do with basic hand tools, save yourself a bit of coin there as well.
I wish i had the equiptment and knowledge on how to unistall and reinstall the shocks and struts but unfortantetly i dont. Thats why i was hoping the mechanic that was going to help me paint the exterior mod for me while he had my car there could knock it out for me.

If anyone out there is a mechanic in the midwest area know what they would charge for just a regular uninstall and reinstall with materials. Would help me to figure out if this guy is trying to make a quick few bucks on me or not.

2000 Ford Mustang- Raxiom tail lights with sequential tail lights
17" Chrome Bullitt Rims with Sumitomo All Season tires
Quarter Panel Louvers
Dual Black Strips from Turks Collision
2009 Jeep Patriot Sport- Silver paint job with black strips everything else is stock
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011
Apprentice
V6 Member

I had the same issue with my 04. I decided to go with Ford Racing's handling package (also called a Bullitt package). It has shocks, struts, front and rear springs and front and rear sway bars. You can get it for a little over $500 from latemodelrestoration.com (or something like that). If you have a buddy that can help you install it, it should give you a subtle drop as well (around 3/4 in). I haven't installed mine yet, but I have heard a lot of good things about this kit. It's a tuned package (if I said that correctly), meaning that the shocks and struts match the spring rate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page