Ticking sound. ????? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Bigsteve305
Ticking sound. ?????

I have a ticking sound coming right from the valve cover gasket. It only sounds for about 20 seconds iv hade it for a while but sense I fixed my ac compressor it became a lot louder. When I rev the engine its really loud it makes a ticking and rattling sound. So in guessing I have a blown valve or sticky valve some kinda valve problem can some one help me out is it a serious oroblem and could this cause a cylinder to misfire

BIG STEVE doing big things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011
PONY Member
V6 Member

Wow,
You will get some good advice here but there may be many variables to consider.
If it were me I would immediately do these quick easy steps to help eliminate and erase some confusing factors so you can move forward with less questions in the back of your mind.-
Seafoam the hell out of the upper intake, pcv intake, and gas tank. Replace with new plugs again. And believe it or not, double check its not a vibration from the clutch cable fork connection underneath that's notorious for sounding like valve tapping believe it or not. But anyway, cleaning up with Seafoam and new plugs helps in the diagnosis.
Good luck.

'97 3.8 Pacific Green
Modified~
1996 SVT COBRA
White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page