1998 Mustang Front End Work - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

1998 Mustang Front End Work

Well i sold my 95 Mustang sadly.. But then an offer i couldn't refuse came out of no where.. I'm now a owner of a 1998 Ford Mustang for 400 bucks

It needs a good amount of work but half of it is done. I have replaced the hood and bumper with cobra parts, added hood pins and working on airbags. My point to all of this, Header panel / mounting panel where can i find the cheapest?

Also does anyone know where any good videos are for windshield replacement? My hood hinges gave out and back came the hood

My Current Ride:
2013 Chevy Cruze LT w/ RS Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011
Rookie
V6 Member

I bought my header panel from cjponyparts.com. I was not happy with their shipping or product. It took a month for me to get my parts and when they came in the header panel seems to be a little too thick. I had to shave my headlight adjuster tabs to get them to clear the back of the panel so I could insert the metal retainer clips.

I would suggest American Muscle because I have never had a problem with their shipping. I don't know what their header panel will be like but it couldn't be any worse than the one from cjponyparts.

Which ever you decide to do, if you need any tips on it I would be happy to share my experiences.

'95 V6 Coupe - Ultra White
FRPP Trac-lok, 4.10 gears
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

No cheap way around it. Spent 330 dollars in the past two days which isn't to bad. Got RokuCreation headlights and had mechanic order a radiator and header panel from bakers auto lol.. Getting a quote for the windshield tomorrow after work. After i get windshield comes paintjob and frame is going to be pulled back to the way it should need the car for work hours changed so no more free ride lol

My Current Ride:
2013 Chevy Cruze LT w/ RS Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page