help with turbo kit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member

help with turbo kit

I need to help to find out where I can get trubo manifold for my 2000 v6 mustang. And if u have a blow off valve do u need a down pipe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
Rookie

not sure what you're asking about the downpipe, but I am in the process of ordering a full turbo kit from TMAturbo. A guy from the company priced me for a 3.8L piping kit at $1800. Seems pretty reasonable, considering the full street kit is $2300.

As for the down pipe, i assume you're not too experinced with turbo systems. A down pipe is a requirement for the kit, bov are not always included, esp in stock turbocharged vehicles.
A typical turbo system is as follows (correct me if i am wrong):
Exhaust manifold connects to the turbo, when running the exhaust pushes a fan (spool), which in turn pushes a mirror fan. The mirror fan pulls in air and redirects that air to the intake manifold (boost). the downpipe connects to the other end of the turbo and ends with the catalytic converter (if you have one).

Some drag applications do not really have downpipes but have drop pipes (or none at all). But if you want your car to run right as a street set-up a downpipe is a requirement.

Just check out this diagram below. Its for a wrx but it is the same concept.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wrx-intake-exhaust-diagram.gif
Views:	32607
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	126142  

Just trying to get the 02 steady again...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member

It is close, but not exactly what our setups are. But it is a general idea of how they work.......

2002 V6 Turbo 10:[email protected]
2001 V6 Nitrous 12:[email protected]

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2011
Rookie

I couldnt find a decent image. I tried to draw one on paint.....but.... well we will just say that i dont exactly have the skills for that. lol.
But yeah i was just trying to give him/her? the idea.
Oh btw, pretty nice numbers on the 1/4 (i hope) I'm going to check your page to see what you built.

Just trying to get the 02 steady again...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011
MACH I Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastalano View Post
I need to help to find out where I can get trubo manifold for my 2000 v6 mustang. And if u have a blow off valve do u need a down pipe
Email On3performance and let them know that you are interested in a V6 kit. They plan on making them soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page