2001 Mustang 3.8 Acceleration Studder - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

2001 Mustang 3.8 Acceleration Studder

I noticed when its hot that i'll be driving and after my car reaches its optimum temperature if i accelerate hard the car jumps like there is a misfire.
First time it happened, i popped the hood and noticed that the vacuum hose from the intake to the valve head was not connected. I am certain it was on before. I re attached the hose and checked the fluid levels and everything seemed normal after that. Then yesterday it did it again. All my gauges were in normal ranges so i was curious what was up. i stopped to fill it up with gas, saw everything looked normal and drove away fine.
I never had this happen when it was cold out. Only when its 85+ degrees

Has anyone had this problem??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011
Rookie
V6 Member

Does it do it under normal driving speeds, cruising speeds. When your driving the speed limit for a few seconds? If so please let me know what the cause is I'm having the same issue and have dropped over 300.00 and still havent figured it out.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie

Usually it does it under slight acceleration. For example im doing 40 and i shift up to the next gear and i feel it stumble a bit. If you accelerate extremely slow it doesn't do it.

If im just doing 60 on the highway it wont do it without giving it more gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page