2008 V6 4.0L Leaking Oil - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

2008 V6 4.0L Leaking Oil

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2008 V6 4.0L and i recently noticed that it was leaking ALOT of oil around the lower intake. There was so much oil it was running down the side of the engine, pooling in dips and vallies in the engine. The engine is distributer-less but there the plug is it is completly soaked in oil. The puddle is do deep it goes up to the top of my fingernail. the is oil at the front of the engine too and along the lower intake (that area) . So i took it into Ford so they can diagnosis it. I arrived at 7:30am. I showed the mechanic who was experienced with engines, he said and i quote "She is really wet, i have never ever seen this before on a mustang, let alone 2008" that was comforting to hear. so about 3 hours later the Ford mechanic gets me and said he added die and took it for a drive. he returned and said when he checked the die was everywhere and ad no idea where it was coming from! (REALLY!!!!) he said he had to rip the engine down to locate the problem. They had to keep the car (very sad moment) at 4:30pm i still had not heard from the service adviser on the status of my car. i called them to see what was up. She put me on hold and talked to the mechanic. she returned and to my amazement he wasn't further ahead as he was at 730am. 8 HOURS give or take and he still isn't anywhere (OMFG!!!!!)

this was on Friday, so i am asking everyone to please help me out so on Monday when i go back to Ford i can give THE MECHANIC some ideas / pointers. o did i forget to mention this is under WARRANTY.

Any ideas, comments or suggestions would be helpful

Thanks All

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011
Rookie

The lower manifold has a tendancy to crack which will let oil out if that's any help. The valve covers are suspect if the oil is below them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page