Modding/Removing Parts Of V6 Mustang With What Comes Stock On It - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-16-2004 Thread Starter

Exclamation Modding/Removing Parts Of V6 Mustang With What Comes Stock On It

Hello...I am looking to mod my '99 V6 Mustang. Is there anyway to remove those plastic covers for my hood and side scoops to make them more real? I already shifted my spoiler back to make it look more like a Cobra spoiler. Is there anything else that I can mod/remove that comes stock on the car, either performance or looks? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-17-2004
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

You should be able to take off the bottom heat cover under the hood and find bolts to unscrew, on my 94 thats how i got to remove my fake vents to repaint the hood. But I don't think it will look any better.

You can buy a smaller antenna or cut yours for a better look. You can Raise the gas pedal for better throttle response and heal toe shifting by simply raising the gas pedal with you hand and filling in the gap of the throttle linkage to the gas pedal with something solid liek zip ties. Go to a junk yard and get a GT rear sway bar for better handeling, remove the rear seats to take out some weight. other weight drops are like buying an aluminum drive shaft and etc. small lil upgrades include roller rockers, pullies, intake. and i think you have exhaust already if im not mistaken

here;s my work on rasing the gas pedal it's a little hard to explain what to do
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...segaspedal.JPG

that's all i got for now.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2004
V6 Member

damn, that's a long ass screen name bro! jk...

i agree, i don't like the phony hood and side scoops. but removing them will make the car look bad, imo. i have a mach 1 chin spoiler on my car, it makes a world of difference.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004

Dood, what does that gas pedal mod do exactly?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2004
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

It works more for a manual mustang more. but essentially Ford has the pedal set low for safety not to over throttle the car so it hits the ground so you don't neccessarly get a full throw. When you raise it, it tightens the throttle linkage slack and allows you to get a full throw and quickens throttle response. turns that sluggish start to a more responisve start. feels like the car got a lot lighter.

for manuals it will allow you to do heal toe shifting, which is almost impossible with the ford configuration.

So basically, quicker throttle response, full throw, heal toe shifting.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004

Just as long as the thottle body is at wide open, and the TPS is reading w.O.T, seems like the pedal position wouldn't be very relevant to performance, other than Heel toe braking. I will check this out though
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

If you pick up the pedal you'll see the throttle linkage hanging out. so you kinda have to mash it a bit to get response. now fill that slack just tapping the gas would have immediate response
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2004
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh1coupe
Just as long as the thottle body is at wide open, and the TPS is reading w.O.T, seems like the pedal position wouldn't be very relevant to performance, other than Heel toe braking. I will check this out though

you're right. at the factory setting, when you floor the pedal the throttle should be wide open. i did this mod but only for comfort....i drive a manual.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiTaLiAnPiMp78X
Hello...I am looking to mod my '99 V6 Mustang. Is there anyway to remove those plastic covers for my hood and side scoops to make them more real? I already shifted my spoiler back to make it look more like a Cobra spoiler. Is there anything else that I can mod/remove that comes stock on the car, either performance or looks? Thanks!

can this be done with the 94-98 GT spoiler? I located the screws but how was it exactly done?
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdewd3.8
can this be done with the 94-98 GT spoiler? I located the screws but how was it exactly done?

i don't think so. i was looking at both of them and i see what the dude was talking about. the wing is totally different on my '00 and it can definitely be moved back. i was picturing it and it looks very nice.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

No, it was Mustangdewd3.8 who discovered that little trick!

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page