Accelleration Problems!!!:( - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005 Thread Starter

Question Accelleration Problems!!!:(

hey if anyone could give me their opinions on why my 03 v6 mustang seems like it's messed up id 'preciate it..... i just bought it yesterday and now i am noticing a wierd 'stall' when i am slightly accellerating from a stop... it's kindda like it wants to go but something is holding it back..... kindda like it is sputtering, but when i give it some gas it runs fine. i am pretty sure i don't have a lemon, due to the fact that the dealership i bought it from is pretty reputable..i was thinking maybe something to do w/ the fuel line.. like maybe a fuel filter, but wouldn't they have checked stuff like that since i JUST bought it.... i just HOPE that its not in the transmission ..... anyone have any advice or if u have heard of this problem and a fix???? thx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

could be spark plugs and wires

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEAMMON
hey if anyone could give me their opinions on why my 03 v6 mustang seems like it's messed up id 'preciate it..... i just bought it yesterday and now i am noticing a wierd 'stall' when i am slightly accellerating from a stop... it's kindda like it wants to go but something is holding it back..... kindda like it is sputtering, but when i give it some gas it runs fine. i am pretty sure i don't have a lemon, due to the fact that the dealership i bought it from is pretty reputable..i was thinking maybe something to do w/ the fuel line.. like maybe a fuel filter, but wouldn't they have checked stuff like that since i JUST bought it.... i just HOPE that its not in the transmission ..... anyone have any advice or if u have heard of this problem and a fix???? thx
9 times out of 10, your MAF is dirty.

The dealership may want you to replace it, but all it takes is computer contact cleaner.

Just spray it liberally on the sensor, DON'T TOUCH THE WIRE.

It's not the transmission.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005 Thread Starter

Say Whaaaaat?

lol.. i like just bought the car. i am used to driveing a simple 350 chevy, i have no idea what a MAF is.. could u explain??? thx
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
lol.. i like just bought the car. i am used to driveing a simple 350 chevy, i have no idea what a MAF is.. could u explain??? thx
It's the Mass Air Flow Sensor, located directly behind the airbox.

Take off the air box, look in the tube, and you'll see it.

Just spray the sensor with computer contact cleaning solution.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005 Thread Starter

Thumbs up thanks man

i tried it and i don't notice the 'stall' anymore..... i have been reading this forum for the past couple days and u have helped alot of people out, and now u have my thanks also... i'll let yall know if it comes back or if i have anymore problems.... THX CUZ... :thumbsup
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
i tried it and i don't notice the 'stall' anymore..... i have been reading this forum for the past couple days and u have helped alot of people out, and now u have my thanks also... i'll let yall know if it comes back or if i have anymore problems.... THX CUZ... :thumbsup
Sure, man!

Anytime!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

That sounds almost like a broken MAF, any CELs come on?

When my MAF wasnt pluged in, IE wasn't woprking the car wouyld liek lag then be fine, so either the MAF is dirty as hell or broken, in my opinion.

oops caught this one too late, sorry man, good catch KS haha.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005
PONY Member

Dewd,
Stop drinkin them damn beers brotha, they's slowin ya down. LOL.
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Lol!

Slowing me down, and making me dumb.

I think the beer I had when I was cleaning out my MAF was why it didn't get plugged back in. ahah.... God I need to be cut off....
GT Member
V6 Member

B, double E, Double R,u,n, Beer Run!

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdewd3.8
Lol!

Slowing me down, and making me dumb.

I think the beer I had when I was cleaning out my MAF was why it didn't get plugged back in. ahah.... God I need to be cut off....
done with finals yet?

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
done with finals yet?

Lol I forgot about this thread Lol!
- yes Im done but tets every week ><

ah damn i gotta work on college some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in