Bought a 04 V6 3.9 Stang Have Questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005 Thread Starter

Bought a 04 V6 3.9 Stang Have Questions

Well my first question is whats the deal on the top speed chip. I want to make my new mustang faster becuase it is a V6. I was planing on replacing the headers and putting on flowmasters 40 series, a cold air intake and a supercharger. I was talking to a friend and he told me if i planed on spining that much moeny i should just drop a built up 5.0L in there...Will i pass DEQ with the mods mentioned above? Any suggestions on what i should do to my new beauty!

Its a 2004 40th ed. demo, with only 5000miles, auto 3.9L V6 SMOKIN RED!

Justin~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COFFINATOR
Well my first question is whats the deal on the top speed chip. I want to make my new mustang faster becuase it is a V6. I was planing on replacing the headers and putting on flowmasters 40 series, a cold air intake and a supercharger. I was talking to a friend and he told me if i planed on spining that much moeny i should just drop a built up 5.0L in there...Will i pass DEQ with the mods mentioned above? Any suggestions on what i should do to my new beauty!

Its a 2004 40th ed. demo, with only 5000miles, auto 3.9L V6 SMOKIN RED!

Justin~
DEQ?

It will always be cheaper to rod the six than drop in an 8.

It's gonna cost you at least $4000 to drop in a 5.0L (Assuming $2000 for a decent rebuilt 8, at 225 hp), more if it's a built one. Your six is on only 25 hp down from the 8 already. After you drop in the 8, you're gonna need to swap the rear end as well, which will cost you at least another grand. You're also going to need to get new suspension pieces, radiator, etc.

If you're gonna supercharge it, you don't need a CAI.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

I think the DEQ he is talking about is emissions testing, not sure about that though. Ks is right, V6'ers are cheaper to mod then the * and you get a better outcome becuase you havent spent anoter 6-8 gand more from the dealership.

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005

As far as increasing acceleration and removing the top speed limiter at the same time. I recommend a max micro tuner. I just got one last week and it really helps out, and I just took my car up to 123.6 mph tonight. It got up their pretty easy and all i have is CAI, MAC dual exhuast w/ H-pipe, and of course the tuner. Yah and don't waste your time and money with dropping in a 8. For the same price just buy an ATI procharger. At 11 psi you will be raping GT's. Check out this site, www.rpmoutlet.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page