strut mount brace? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005 Thread Starter

strut mount brace?

ok, my friend has a 97 gt and it has a strut tower brace on it that conects the strut towers and fire wall and i noticed that my 98 v6 doesnt. My question is that if i get one from a junk yard from a gt, will i be able to bolt it to my struts or will have to make some modifications? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfieldracin
ok, my friend has a 97 gt and it has a strut tower brace on it that conects the strut towers and fire wall and i noticed that my 98 v6 doesnt. My question is that if i get one from a junk yard from a gt, will i be able to bolt it to my struts or will have to make some modifications? Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it will, the only clearance you have to worry about is the intake manifold . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005
GT Member

I am under the understanding that the only thing you will have to do is move a vac line . Was thinking about getting one my self but am now looking at buying a 99 to 04 mustang instead . Ahhh play toys !

I was Punxsy Stang before !

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-15-2005 Thread Starter

ok, i looked at my strut mounts again and i dont have any mounting holes for the brace. it looks like there are markings on the strut though where the holes would be on a gt. Can i just drill those out and get some grade 8 bolts to attache it or am i not looking at the right thing?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005 Thread Starter

am i able to drill those holes out or will i mess sumthing up?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
What kind of a brace is it?

They didn't come from the factory with them.

you usually have to drill the holes . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Just make sure the car is flat and level, hold the brace in place to make sure everything clears and mark the holes. Use a punch to dimple your marks and drill away. Sometimes it is a lot easier to drill a smaller hole first, then step up to the final size drill bit.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I bought a Strut Tower brace.

Just bolted right on to the stock jacks a GT's would go on. Didn't need to move anything.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangdewd3.8
I bought a Strut Tower brace.

Just bolted right on to the stock jacks a GT's would go on. Didn't need to move anything.
Really!?! The brace that i am looking at came off a gt and there were boldts going into the shock tower...i dont have any extra holes in my shock towers. Could it be possible that are two different types? Were did u get yours? Thanx

Last edited by greenfieldracin; 10-03-2005 at 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Really!?! The brace that i am looking at came off a gt and there were boldts going into the shock tower...i dont have any extra holes in my shock towers. Could it be possible that are two different types? Were did u get yours? Thanx
yeah, they vary greatly. There are at least 5 different ST braces.

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...026engine5.JPG

That's a picture of mine on my 94 stang.

It's made by steeda - so I guess look for a steeda strut tower brace.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:

That's a clean engine compartment!

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005 Thread Starter

Yea that brace mounts just like the one im looking at. But my schock towers dont have the holes in it for the boldts. Can i just drills those out or not? What did u do? Thanks for all the help
Quote:

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Yea that brace mounts just like the one im looking at. But my schock towers dont have the holes in it for the boldts. Can i just drills those out or not? What did u do? Thanks for all the help
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/upper1.htm

here's instructions!

They were pre-drilled on Dewd's car, you'll have to drill them yourself.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

How to Index:

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/ctips.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page