$80 to spend..What to get? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005 Thread Starter

$80 to spend..What to get?

So I have an extra $80 laying around for my 96 Mustang.. What should I get for my car? I'm looking to start working on the engine. I'm not looking to get 300 extra hp with every mod I just want to start and hope it leads to that. Any suggestions?

Heres all I have done.
1996 Mustang V6 5spd, Green with sliver rear bumper insert and sliver striping on the door.
K&N air filter
Dual Exhaust
and I also have a set of Rockford Fosgate 6x9's and a Dual CD Player.

Any help will be nice:smoke:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96mustangwhite
So I have an extra $80 laying around for my 96 Mustang.. What should I get for my car? I'm looking to start working on the engine. I'm not looking to get 300 extra hp with every mod I just want to start and hope it leads to that. Any suggestions?

Heres all I have done.
1996 Mustang V6 5spd, Green with sliver rear bumper insert and sliver striping on the door.
K&N air filter
Dual Exhaust
and I also have a set of Rockford Fosgate 6x9's and a Dual CD Player.

Any help will be nice:smoke:
Use the money to take a pretty girl out on a date because there is no performance part you can buy for $80 (other than a K&N, which you already have). Take her out to dinner and use the rest on a hotel room.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
Use the money to take a pretty girl out on a date because there is no performance part you can buy for $80 (other than a K&N, which you already have). Take her out to dinner and use the rest on a hotel room.

He can get a set of underdrivers for that amount of money . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
He can get a set of underdrivers for that amount of money . ..
Good site for these?

Also what about plug wires.. I was thinking MSD plug wires from rpmoutlet.com... Any ideas?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96mustangwhite
Good site for these?

Also what about plug wires.. I was thinking MSD plug wires from rpmoutlet.com... Any ideas?
MSD wires won't do anything for your combination but look pretty.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6asp.htm

MTB386300 94-98 3.8L V6

* MOTOBLUE™ High-Output Crank and Alternator Pulley Reduction Crank Pulley
* Alternator Pulley
* Adds up to 9+ RWHP(up to 4% fuel economy)

$ 79.95

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-03-2005
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
MSD wires won't do anything for your combination but look pretty.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/musv6asp.htm

MTB386300 94-98 3.8L V6

* MOTOBLUE™ High-Output Crank and Alternator Pulley Reduction Crank Pulley
* Alternator Pulley
* Adds up to 9+ RWHP(up to 4% fuel economy)

$ 79.95
I forgot how cheap 94-98 UDP's were. I'd still spend the money on a pretty girl....or a hooker....or both.... :eyepoppin
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005
V6 Member

For that UDP, would you also need to purchase the belt as well? There is an option to purchase the belt seperatly, or together with the pulleys.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFist
For that UDP, would you also need to purchase the belt as well? There is an option to purchase the belt seperatly, or together with the pulleys.
yeah, but you may be able to get one cheaper at a local parts store . ..

I don't have the part number for the 94-98 cars, but someone might have it here.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005
Apprentice

I used StangSuspension.com. An underdrive alone [not a kit of pulleys] was $71.95 and they charged $30.00 dollars for a belt, but when it came in it was simply a "Gates" stock number K060960, so you can skip their price and go get your own belt probably cheaper. Easy install with a strap wrench and loc-tite.

'95, white convertable, auto trans, under drive pulley, cai, 3:73 gear. Just enough snap for a 62 year old kid! (my wife's a blond so the top MUST be down, or she won't get in!!)
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgie
I used StangSuspension.com. An underdrive alone [not a kit of pulleys] was $71.95 and they charged $30.00 dollars for a belt, but when it came in it was simply a "Gates" stock number K060960, so you can skip their price and go get your own belt probably cheaper. Easy install with a strap wrench and loc-tite.
What year mustang do you have, and would they vary at all between 94-98 years?
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
98's an oddball year. but 94-97s don't vary much at all.

Apprentice

Quote:
I have a 1995 Convert. For some reason I kept the e-mail reply from the vendor and the actual verbage they used is: Your order details are, 1x - ASP826300 - ASP V6 Underdrive Pulley for 94-98 3.8 Mustang Options: = $71.95.

From that I gather that the same set up will fit all 94-98 V6 Stangs. Now watch,....some poor guy will order it for his '97 and the dam thing won't fit that year for some goofy reason. All I know is it buttoned in my '95 without a whimper.:eyepoppin

'95, white convertable, auto trans, under drive pulley, cai, 3:73 gear. Just enough snap for a 62 year old kid! (my wife's a blond so the top MUST be down, or she won't get in!!)
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorgie
I have a 1995 Convert. For some reason I kept the e-mail reply from the vendor and the actual verbage they used is: Your order details are, 1x - ASP826300 - ASP V6 Underdrive Pulley for 94-98 3.8 Mustang Options: = $71.95.

From that I gather that the same set up will fit all 94-98 V6 Stangs. Now watch,....some poor guy will order it for his '97 and the dam thing won't fit that year for some goofy reason. All I know is it buttoned in my '95 without a whimper.:eyepoppin
There are a few changes on the 98, making headers hard to find, and it makes 10 more hp than the 94-97s. I used to have one and it was a pain in the a** I don't recall all the changes, but the pulleys weren't any different.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page