Window Noise - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2005 Thread Starter

Question Window Noise

O.k guys heres a question you'll probably think is lame but I need help with it so here it goes. My baby is a 2001 Mustang and the other day the drivers side door window started making an awful noise when it goes up and down. What causes this and how can I stop it?!?! It just grates on my nerves not to mention its gonna tear up my tint before long if not corrected. My husband is in Iraq so I cant ask him about it. Any help/suggestions you all could give me would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

Yup I know exactly what is wrong. On the 2001's the window frame rail was held together with a silcone based adhesive. I started getting a screeching and a poping noise every now and then. So I took mine apart, and found the it came off the track and the adhesive let go, so the window was crooked when the motor was trying to push it up and pull it down. I have a fix on my webiste if your someone mechanically inclined.
www.svr-racing.com/windowrepair.html

And I also see that our in Kansas, that is where our shop is located. Let me know if you need more information, the link will give you everything you need to know.

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2005

Window noise-- a quick fix

Hello,
There is an easier way to get rid of this noise-- at least temporarily. All that is needed is some kind of grease or lube (someone had suggested silicon) spread along the inside of the weather-stripping near the driver's (and passenger's if needed) side mirror. Only a small amount is needed to stop that annoying screach.
This worked for my car ('02 GT Coupe), but the noise will return as soon as the lubricant wears off-- just be sure to keep a little extra of whatever you decide to use in the car or a place that can easily be accessed. That way, if and when the noise returns, it can be fixed without much of a hassle. Hope this works for you...
Philly Jax
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page