supercharger n stuff - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005 Thread Starter

supercharger n stuff

Choices choices. Next month I am buying my mustang. Im working the numbers trying to decided if I wana get a V6 or a V8 stang. Anyways im still looking over the performance possiblities of the 6 and ive got a couple questions.

Im looking at getting a 2003 or 2004 V6 automatic.

My first set of upgrades is going to be programer, CAI and exhaust. I know im looking at about 400 for the predator tuner. I know CAI will run me around 200ish. Now when it comes to exhaust things get a bit fuzzy so we will come back to that.

Once I have the basic big 3 done with it looks like I have 2 options. I can either do a mountain of bolt on stuff that will show moderate improvements across the board. Or I can get a supercharger. So the here is the pile of supercharger questions.

Inital cost? Im seeing about $3,500 for the Procharger kit are there cheaper?

Can they be found less expensive?

How difficult is installation?

With no other modifications how much psi boost am i looking at running?

With the 3 above mods and the supercharger installed what is an estimated hp/tq that id be looking at?

Also how will the supercharger affect gas milage?

Now if I were to go the supercharger route what would I want exhaust wise? Just a cat back system or would I want to replace everything including going up to headers, Xpipe on back?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raklor
Choices choices. Next month I am buying my mustang. Im working the numbers trying to decided if I wana get a V6 or a V8 stang. Anyways im still looking over the performance possiblities of the 6 and ive got a couple questions.

Im looking at getting a 2003 or 2004 V6 automatic.

My first set of upgrades is going to be programer, CAI and exhaust. I know im looking at about 400 for the predator tuner. I know CAI will run me around 200ish. Now when it comes to exhaust things get a bit fuzzy so we will come back to that.

Once I have the basic big 3 done with it looks like I have 2 options. I can either do a mountain of bolt on stuff that will show moderate improvements across the board. Or I can get a supercharger. So the here is the pile of supercharger questions.

Inital cost? Im seeing about $3,500 for the Procharger kit are there cheaper?

Can they be found less expensive?

How difficult is installation?

With no other modifications how much psi boost am i looking at running?

With the 3 above mods and the supercharger installed what is an estimated hp/tq that id be looking at?

Also how will the supercharger affect gas milage?

Now if I were to go the supercharger route what would I want exhaust wise? Just a cat back system or would I want to replace everything including going up to headers, Xpipe on back?

you'll get a chip with the SC, so you don't have to worry about the tuner, unless you plan to change cams, etc. You WILL need a dynotune, but that's $100.

You also don't need a CAI with the SC, so you can put that back in the bank.

You can find them cheaper at RPMoutlet.com and www.GTRhipo.com.

Centrifugal SC units like the Procharger don't affect gas mileage much, as they don't blow very much below 3,000 rpm. As long as you stay out of the boost, your mileage won't change.

You WILL want a good exhaust.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Installation of the Procharger is easy. There's a lot of room in the 6 engine bay, and you don't need to punch the oil pan.

It takes around 4 hours or so. If you want to remove the unit for winter, it takes around 2 hours, and just remove the chip.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005 Thread Starter

Ok so if all i get initally is the exhaust and then SC it what will i be looking at vs the stock 190hp/200tq numbers?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005 Thread Starter

Never mind got the numbers off RPMoutlet. Might just go SC route afterall.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raklor
Ok so if all i get initally is the exhaust and then SC it what will i be looking at vs the stock 190hp/200tq numbers?
Actually, the 2003s have 193/225, the 04s have 196/227.

If you do go the SC route, all you need to do after exhaust is some port & polishing & a good street cam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page