2002 Mustang Brake Question. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2005 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2002 Mustang Brake Question.

I've just recently replaced the brakes on my 2002 Mustang V6 and noticed there are these little clips that go on the top and bottom of each pad... I was told by a few people that they are rattle clips, I cant seem to find these parts anywhere and a few of them have broke just from normal wear.

The parts are pretty small and are not the metal part that attaches to the caliper itself, but attaches to each indivial brake pad, totally 2 clips per pad. I just need to know what these are called and if there is a place to purchase them. Or do they even serve a purpose. The brakes are working without them but a little squeeky. I dont know if these are causing part of the squeeking problem or not.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2005

What your talking about is part of the brake hardware that are intended to keep the pad tight and noise free. They commonly break due to wear and tear, you should always check these and replace if neccessary when you do the brake to ensure that everything works A-OK. You can usually buy the hardware kits at your local autoparts for about 10-15 bucks. One kit should do both left and right. The parts numbers for these are Front set: Raybestos H5658 Rear Set: Raybestos H5625A. Not many people bother with these details when they change their brakes, but better safe than sorry in my opinion. Don't forget to lube the guide pins (especially when changing the rears, they tend to seize up badly). Hope this helps!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette
I've just recently replaced the brakes on my 2002 Mustang V6 and noticed there are these little clips that go on the top and bottom of each pad... I was told by a few people that they are rattle clips, I cant seem to find these parts anywhere and a few of them have broke just from normal wear.

The parts are pretty small and are not the metal part that attaches to the caliper itself, but attaches to each indivial brake pad, totally 2 clips per pad. I just need to know what these are called and if there is a place to purchase them. Or do they even serve a purpose. The brakes are working without them but a little squeeky. I dont know if these are causing part of the squeeking problem or not.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.
They are called anti-rattle clips. He was right you can purchase them at a auto store. Clean the caliper and caliper bracket with die grinder or equiv. and then grease all clips and caliper with caliper grease and you should be good to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page