Supercharger/Turbo - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Supercharger/Turbo

I have a 2002 V6 mustang... i want to get a turbo or a supercharger for it, i was wondering if there was any car out there that i could do a take off from... or what patrs i would need to build a custom kit. ( I dont really want to spend for then like 1500 for it) Also what would be better for it a supercharger or a turbo... I was thinking that i could buy a t3/t4 hybrid and then add the rest of the parts on to it...

02 stang, True Dual exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, 180 Thermostat, Diablosport tuned, dropped 2", Cross Drilled rotors, Zri Fuzion Tires, GT RSB + more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmagn13
I have a 2002 V6 mustang... i want to get a turbo or a supercharger for it, i was wondering if there was any car out there that i could do a take off from... or what patrs i would need to build a custom kit. ( I dont really want to spend for then like 1500 for it) Also what would be better for it a supercharger or a turbo... I was thinking that i could buy a t3/t4 hybrid and then add the rest of the parts on to it...
There are several companies that offer kits.

The best OEM adaptation comes from a Buick GNX, since ford copied GM's 3.8L . . .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Supercharger kits are cheaper, involve less work, and are more reliable.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
There are several companies that offer kits.

The best OEM adaptation comes from a Buick GNX, since ford copied GM's 3.8L . . .
If i got this one, how much modification will it take to make it fit the 2002 3.8L? also how much money will it take to do?, and last where could i pick one up?

02 stang, True Dual exhaust, CAI, 4.10 gears, 180 Thermostat, Diablosport tuned, dropped 2", Cross Drilled rotors, Zri Fuzion Tires, GT RSB + more
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
V6 Member

ProCharger has some nice setups. they range from about $3,700 for the HO intercooled tuner kit with (5-7 psi) that will give you about 40-55% HP gain. then they have the kit for $4,050 Stage2 intercooled system with (5,7,9,11 psi) that will give you about %40-80 HP increase. Check out the website for procharger. :thumbsup
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBE17
ProCharger has some nice setups. they range from about $3,700 for the HO intercooled tuner kit with (5-7 psi) that will give you about 40-55% HP gain. then they have the kit for $4,050 Stage2 intercooled system with (5,7,9,11 psi) that will give you about %40-80 HP increase. Check out the website for procharger. :thumbsup
you can pick one up for less than $3000 at gtrhipo.com, or a little more at RPMoutlet.com.

Shipping costs will probably make 'em about the same, unless you live in California, but then you've got to pay the sales tax . ..

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
If i got this one, how much modification will it take to make it fit the 2002 3.8L? also how much money will it take to do?, and last where could i pick one up?
It would STILL take a pretty good chunk of change, you'd have to pay for a custom exhaust manifold, which can get REALLY pricey. The rest, I dunno, you can look on e-bay, I reckon, for GNX parts - They used to be pretty common, but the older the cars get, the more rare they become, and the more the OE parts cost.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in