who would win? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005 Thread Starter

who would win?

My friend just got a 05 auto v6 mustang and wants to race. I have a 98 v6 with full exhaust,intake, and short shifter, who would win?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfieldracin
My friend just got a 05 auto v6 mustang and wants to race. I have a 98 v6 with full exhaust,intake, and short shifter, who would win?
He's gonna kill you.

you'd have a chance with a 99+ but he's got 40+ hp on you in a best case scenario, you weigh 200 lbs less, but there's no way.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005 Thread Starter

crap, thats not the answer i was lookin for! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
He's gonna kill you.

you'd have a chance with a 99+ but he's got 40+ hp on you in a best case scenario, you weigh 200 lbs less, but there's no way.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-25-2005
V6 Member

Race him and find out.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
GT Member
V6 Member

wait a minute your saying that the 05 v6 has 40 horses on him stock or 40 horses on him with the mods. i know those pre 99 v6's are weak but he should of picked up 30 horses with the mods. dont get me wrong i know the 05 will win but i was just confused about the horse power.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.
214 RWHP, 215 RWTQ :tongue

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex117
wait a minute your saying that the 05 v6 has 40 horses on him stock or 40 horses on him with the mods. i know those pre 99 v6's are weak but he should of picked up 30 horses with the mods. dont get me wrong i know the 05 will win but i was just confused about the horse power.
Intake & exhaust won't give you 30 hp. No way in heck.

There isn't enough flow. I gave him 12 or so, assuming the exhaust wasn't too big.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

so..., if you had a and '01 and an '05 v6..., the '01 w/ headers and 2.25" exhaust, '05 stock..., who should win? provided that the '05 driver doesn't know about powerbraking and other lil tricks? probably that '01?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeOfDoom
so..., if you had a and '01 and an '05 v6..., the '01 w/ headers and 2.25" exhaust, '05 stock..., who should win? provided that the '05 driver doesn't know about powerbraking and other lil tricks? probably that '01?
Yes, in fact, a stock 01 would run neck and neck with a stock 05 provided they are both manuals.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Boy
Yes, in fact, a stock 01 would run neck and neck with a stock 05 provided they are both manuals.
yeah that 13-16 extra hp has 200+ more lbs. to pull around. It wouldn't take much to beat an 05 6-cyl with a 99-04 3.8L.

GT Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Intake & exhaust won't give you 30 hp. No way in heck.

There isn't enough flow. I gave him 12 or so, assuming the exhaust wasn't too big.
ok so a cai will give roughlly 10 hp, therefore the exhaust is only giving 2 hp?
and if so do you mean his exhaust or any v6 exhaust thats on a fairly stock motor? cause i know i got more than 2 hp out of my 2" true dual exhaust.

2002 v6 manual, SSM P&P Heads, Comp Cam from SSM, and some other stuff full list in profile.

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so"
-Ronald Reagan
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
ok so a cai will give roughlly 10 hp, therefore the exhaust is only giving 2 hp?
and if so do you mean his exhaust or any v6 exhaust thats on a fairly stock motor? cause i know i got more than 2 hp out of my 2" true dual exhaust.
You can't add it up. HP is ultimately determined by airflow, fuel and cam.

If you don't change the cam, the MOST you can pick up from a CAI and dual exhaust is 17-20 in the BEST of conditions. And that's for a 99+ car, for a pre-98, it'll be 20-25% less because the engine simply cannot flow that much air.

CAI may get you anywhere from 5-12 hp, depending on heatsoak, quality of filter, and flow.

2" is perfect for exhaust tubing, you lose a lot of hp & tq when you install 2.5" exhaust pipes or larger.

GT Member
V6 Member

if thats the case then what would throwing a superchip into the mix do? i know that wont help air flow but it has alot to do with the fuel

-Ronald Reagan
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I don't see the 98 beating the 05 either. The mods don't add up to much hp. KS is right as always, he has a lot of knowledge about the V6 cars.

New Toy - Custom 92 GT soon to be a turbo beast
DHG 01 Bullitt - JLT, Mac o/r H, MGW, Bama tune, Focus pump, 3.73s, DRs best 1/4 13.50 @ 101 best 1/8 8.53 @ 82
Red/White 88 GT vert (SOLD)
Autumn Orange 97 GT (SOLD)
Black 89 LX best 8.46 1/8 mile (SOLD)
2011 F-150 Supercrew Ecoboost
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
if thats the case then what would throwing a superchip into the mix do? i know that wont help air flow but it has alot to do with the fuel
it advances the timing, and allows better efficiency from higher octane fuel. Better efficiency = more power.

It's like upgrading the distributor, and fitting it with lighter springs.

SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarbill
I don't see the 98 beating the 05 either. The mods don't add up to much hp. KS is right as always, he has a lot of knowledge about the V6 cars.
I'm wrong sometimes, if fact, when I had my 98 v6, and was figuring the whole thing out, I was wrong quite often. I learned a lot from Silverstang & Glen.

But I'm not wrong often, anymore . . .

Thanks for the back up!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page